Does anyone here travel alone?

just realize that there is no going back after you have done the lay flat beds. Even Premium Economy won't do. :D

I agree! It started when DH and I got upgraded with miles to Business Class on the way home from Edinburgh in October, 2001. Yeah, nobody was traveling so we were able to do that. He was over 6 feet tall. Not sure if it was the nice, big seats, the refills of Bombay Sapphire or the made-to-order ice ream sundaes that hooked him, but after that we used miles to fly in Business if we could. We eventually quit using Coach on long hauls- just took too long for him to get back to normal.

Now that he's gone, I still fly Business Class. It's only half the cost if just one person flies. Who knew?:D I've started dating again and I've joked that one requirement for a new man is that he can pay his own way in Business Class on long hauls.

I've started dating again and I've joked that one requirement for a new man is that he can pay his own way in Business Class on long hauls.

What price love? Just make sure he’s willing to fly coach while you sit up front if he can’t afford BC. You’ll still have someone to share the trip with when you get there. :D

What price love? Just make sure he’s willing to fly coach while you sit up front if he can’t afford BC. You’ll still have someone to share the trip with when you get there. :D

Yep, my thoughts exactly!:D

I got used to flying business class on transatlantic flights too and there is no turning back.:blush: Thankfully, I will do a lot less long haul flying once I move to Europe and it will cut thousands from my budget.

Last edited:

LOL. This happened to a seat mate when I was on an ORD-PDX flight. I was middle seat. Man & wife on aisle & window. She was a tiny thing. She gets upgraded to FC. He is looking longingly up there....1 row away. LOL Meanwhile I'm now stuck next to John Candy (like) on the aisle. He polished off a gut bomb, a salad and a snack before we taxied out. The City of Broad shoulders indeed. Big fella

Yes, by all means,

I travel without my wife all the time, as my bucket list is much larger than hers, and she has more commitments at home (church, choir etc)

I just got back from a solo trip to Copenhagen and Dublin using Norweigian Air, one of the newer discount airline that flies out of Denver and has some great rates.

It (traveling alone) is not for everyone -- my recommendation would be to join a tour as you will not be alone all of the time and with like minded travelers.

I have done several tours that welcome solo travel -- In the US, Overseas Adventure Travel (OAT) welcomes solo travelers.....but sometimes, I travel without the structure of a tour --

Bottom line, if you want to see the world and your spouse or significant other does not, bite the bullet and go by yourself....my travels have been all rewarding, significant, and I have no regrets....

Back
Top Bottom