Facebook While on Vacation

I somewhat share this concern, as i'm paranoid in general! But I do enjoy sharing (sparsely) on FB. I don't over share, I don't post my every meal. We live in an apartment building that is basically secure, and my neighbors all know us well and keep an eye out so I guess my answer is although i'm paranoid I will still go ahead and post.

Hi,

Wondering if anyone here has reservations about posting vacation details to Facebook while traveling. I can't stop thinking that such posts could be used to advertise that our home is unoccupied.

DW enjoys sharing where we are, and I like her to be able to do that, but the paranoia in me thinks it's not such a good idea.

What do you folks do, and am I being overly cautious?

Thanks!

Yes!

We only would publish travel posts to FB friends or private groups.

And

We tend to post after returning, not during.

On top of that, a slightly loopy woman who I "sort of" dated over 10 years ago, and who keeps trying to check in with me has, after I blocked her, enlisted a close male friend of hers to send me a friend request. The woman is batty. I told her we were completely through, and haven't called her in 10 years. You think someone would get the message, and give up.

Apologies for the thread drift from the original subject of vacation posting.
Wow! What a wack job!

Yes!

We only would publish travel posts to FB friends or private groups.

And

We tend to post after returning, not during.

Yeah, I think that's the best compromise...to post once we've returned.

Geez, I am so paranoid that even here I usually only annonce the season I will be traveling. Not that anyone could find the ponderosa.

Back
Top Bottom