Fish and chips

PERSonalTime

Recycles dryer sheets
Does anyone know of any good fish and chips places located near the Tower of London?

Sent from my iPad using Early Retirement Forum

Never been to London so can't answer your question. I went to an 'Irish Pub' on the AL coast recently and ordered the fish and chips. I hope its better in Europe because that was the most god awful fish I have ever put in my mouth. A very strong taste(not fishy) and tough. Surely it's better in Europe.

Liberty Bounds. We went there last year after visiting the Tower, on the advice of one of the guards in the red uniform. A 4 or 5 minute walk, it's a family-friendly place with decent fish and chips.

Sent from my HUAWEI GRA-L09 using Early Retirement Forum mobile app

Liberty Bounds. We went there last year after visiting the Tower, on the advice of one of the guards in the red uniform. A 4 or 5 minute walk, it's a family-friendly place with decent fish and chips.

Asking the local guards is the trick, that's what we did when at the White House when wanting lunch.
My reasoning is: they need to eat lunch every day, and it would have to be close, and they are going to pick reasonable priced places.

Take a black cab to the Marble Arch. Look around there's a building whith some golden arches. Go in and get the yummy Filet-o-fish with fries.:)

I'm for asking locals too.

Last edited:
There is an "English" pub near me run by ex-pats. They have pretty good fish and chips and their menu proudly states that they are fried in animal fat. That's the key once you have fresh fish and descent potatoes.

We haven't been to the UK since 2010 but we're stopping in London for a few days this October so we're going to be seeking out a good Fish and Chip place too.

Our previous visits to Fish and Chip places in the UK after researching "best of places" have been a bit mixed. I didn't like how some of the small chippy shops seem to pre-fry their fish and have it sitting there under a heat lamp. I also find the batter to be typically a bit heavy compared to what I like nowadays, which is a more lighter, tempura-like batter. At the places that were made to order however, the fish inside was pretty moist and delicious.

I'm probably going to google a list of "best of's" and "top 10's" again and pare the list down to according to what places show up across lists, seem to be made to order, and ideally have a lighter batter.

The Tower is at the very east end of the touristy area of London. Walk half a mile north-east (or get the Tube one stop from Tower Hill to Aldgate East on the District Line) and you will be in the part where real people live. Try Happy Days fish and chips in Goulston St.

The Tower is at the very east end of the touristy area of London. Walk half a mile north-east (or get the Tube one stop from Tower Hill to Aldgate East on the District Line) and you will be in the part where real people live. Try Happy Days fish and chips in Goulston St.

We'll do. Thanks BigNick.

Sent from my HUAWEI GRA-L09 using Early Retirement Forum mobile app

Thanks HawkeyeNFO! Liberty Bounds was great and reasonably priced. Again, thanks for the tip!

Back
Top Bottom