free flight to China for those turning 50 this year?

simple girl

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Site Team
Thought maybe someone might find this useful.

China Airlines

There are several catches - you have to book by Mar 31 and fly by April 30. Specific airports, fares, and you must bring a paying friend.

Darn if I had only known I would have waited until this year instead 2007, to go China.

I flew China Air several times, pretty sure, they used Boeing aircraft. Wouldn't hesitate to go again.

China Airlines is a pretty decent Taiwanese carrier. It's easily confused with the Chinese carrier, Air China. I'll probably be using the the former when I return to Southeast Asia in May. Good prices, planes and service. Thanks for the fare tip, wish I could consider it , I missed it by one year.

Tom

From what I've heard (no first hand experience), the service on Asian air carriers is second to none in the world.

From what I've heard (no first hand experience), the service on Asian air carriers is second to none in the world.

That's because they used to select unmarried women who had a certain look and service oriented nature. Then the airline put them through rigorous training. This was the late '70s though, so things may have changed, but from I heard from a friend who flew Singapore air a few years ago, they are still doing the same thing.

That's because they used to select unmarried women who had a certain look and service oriented nature. Then the airline put them through rigorous training. This was the late '70s though, so things may have changed, but from I heard from a friend who flew Singapore air a few years ago, they are still doing the same thing.

My one experience with Singapore Airlines, the stewardess looked like the girls from the commercials. In my (not particularly extensive) experience with other Asian carriers, they tend to hire younger flight attendants but not necessarily beauty queens.

At the risk of sounding like an MCP, I think is unfortunate that flight attendant went from being a fun job that young woman would do for a few years to becoming a career.

I think it is easier for 25 year old on her second or third trip to an exotic location like Rome, Paris or Maui, to provide good service with a smile, than a 50 year old struggling to feed her family on the lousy salary. The 50 year old has been to the place a hundred times and is possibly to tired to even leave the hotel during layover.

Back
Top Bottom