LAZY dogs on vacation

honobob

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Honodog and SpareHonodog spent February and March in the new retirement condo in Diamond Head. We're back for the month of May. This is Honodogs 8th trip but only the second not flying in the cabin since ATA went out of business. This is SpareHonodogs second trip but only knows cargo although San Francisco lets them fly together but here in the "Aloha" State they insist they fly back to the mainland separated. Here's some pictures from our last trip.

Dogs on Waimea Bay and lazy dogs whale watching from the condo.

Attachments

• All old stuff 134.jpg
    All old stuff 134.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 43
  • Scruf whale watching.jpg
    Scruf whale watching.jpg
    125.4 KB · Views: 28
  • All old stuff 234.jpg
    All old stuff 234.jpg
    156.6 KB · Views: 25
The dogs on Round Top and sleeping away their vacation.

Attachments

• All old stuff 232.jpg
    All old stuff 232.jpg
    178.5 KB · Views: 14
  • All old stuff 251.jpg
    All old stuff 251.jpg
    159.7 KB · Views: 16
  • All old stuff 261.jpg
    All old stuff 261.jpg
    168.3 KB · Views: 13
No sunglasses? There used to be a guy at the Wharf who charged a buck to photograph his dog posing in sunglasses. Cute dogs, Honobob, hope they have real names, especially SpareHonoDog.

Here we are on our beach. Early morning and we have it all to ourselves. Scruffy has his summer cut. We can't walk down to Starbucks without doing a Japanese dog photo shoot! Today we met a dog from our building and went down to a different beach and ended up with a dog party of 8 dogs.

That's Michele's restaurant on the bottom floor of the condo. Great steak Diane.

Attachments

• Dogs on beach 001.jpg
    Dogs on beach 001.jpg
    159.8 KB · Views: 14
  • Dogs on beach 003.jpg
    Dogs on beach 003.jpg
    178.9 KB · Views: 8
  • Dogs on beach 007.jpg
    Dogs on beach 007.jpg
    132.8 KB · Views: 9
No sunglasses? There used to be a guy at the Wharf who charged a buck to photograph his dog posing in sunglasses. Cute dogs, Honobob, hope they have real names, especially SpareHonoDog.
Actually they have $30.00 Doggles. I'm not sold though, damn yuppie scum! Well you probably outed my dogs, there's D.D. aka Devil Dog and Scruffy. Everyone in Waikiki knows them ( say "Hey" to our buddy Maria at the Marriott rewards center). I probably could make a fortune on them here but am happy to share. Plus the same unit as mine but in an inferior location just sold for 8% more than mine so I figure I'm up 10% in less than a year!! But the dogs are my back-up plan.

Here they're being pimped at the Cheesecake Factory on Kalakaua. watching the St. P's parade and in the big kennel and at China Man's Hat.

Attachments

• All old stuff 125.jpg
    All old stuff 125.jpg
    156.6 KB · Views: 7
  • All old stuff 171.jpg
    All old stuff 171.jpg
    164.4 KB · Views: 7
  • All old stuff 124.jpg
    All old stuff 124.jpg
    173.2 KB · Views: 8
  • All old stuff 161.jpg
    All old stuff 161.jpg
    165.5 KB · Views: 9
  • All old stuff 213.jpg
    All old stuff 213.jpg
    189.1 KB · Views: 7
Thanks Bestwifeever.
But they're not pups. D.D. is 13 and Scruffy is 3. Here they are with Waikiki in the background. D.D. was almost named Bowling Ball Butt!!

Attachments

• May Beach Shoot 001.jpg
    May Beach Shoot 001.jpg
    166.7 KB · Views: 4
  • May Beach Shoot 003.jpg
    May Beach Shoot 003.jpg
    153.8 KB · Views: 4
  • May Beach Shoot 005.jpg
    May Beach Shoot 005.jpg
    185.9 KB · Views: 4
Awesome dogs! Your pictures really make me want to get back out to Hawaii. Especially the 1st picture of Waimea. I've lived out in Hawaii for 3 summers. I'm hoping to take a trip back out there early next year. What a great place to retire!

Hono, sorry for calling them puppies--my dogs even at 16 years old were always puppies to me.

Yes, sweet looking dogs. So they don't mind the air travel?

Judy the 15 year old weiner dog is still little baby Judy.

Awesome dogs! Your pictures really make me want to get back out to Hawaii. Especially the 1st picture of Waimea. I've lived out in Hawaii for 3 summers. I'm hoping to take a trip back out there early next year. What a great place to retire!
I don't think you'll find surf this big in the summer, but at least you can get in the water. The lifeguards were warning families not to let their children get so close to the water.

Bestwifeever, Martha D.D. celebrates all her 13 years but she'll answer to pup. They both travel well together but when separated not so good. As soon as the plane landed in SF and the engines stopped you could hear them below.

Attachments

• Waimea Waves.jpg
    Waimea Waves.jpg
    106.8 KB · Views: 7
  • Crashing waves.jpg
    Crashing waves.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 4
Hono, think you made a great grab on your condo as the price was way below anything since.

BTW one question for you - do you rent it out as a holiday let when you are not in town or do you leave it vacant?

Hono, think you made a great grab on your condo as the price was way below anything since.

BTW one question for you - do you rent it out as a holiday let when you are not in town or do you leave it vacant?
Yeah, I'm real happy with my purchase. I even anticipated values dropping 5-10% and to have a sale just close for 8% more makes me feel great.

Haven't decided what to do with the place yet. I bought with a long term tenant and chased him out Feb, 1st. Stayed here Feb. and March and had the new bath installed in April. Here for the month of May and not sure whether to just retire or rent short or long term. Short term managers want 27% of rents which seem like too much. I'll probably look for a long term renter. Check my bathroom views. Towards Waikiki (standing), and to the ocean (sitting), and the new shower stall! The rain shower head is luxury!

Attachments

• May Beach Shoot 3 003.jpg
    May Beach Shoot 3 003.jpg
    119 KB · Views: 7
  • May Beach Shoot 2 008.jpg
    May Beach Shoot 2 008.jpg
    108 KB · Views: 8
  • Bathroom 001.jpg
    Bathroom 001.jpg
    116.5 KB · Views: 14
27% is lot for a short term rental and I wonder how often it would be rented. However, if you do the long term rental you do lose access. I do like your shower renovation.

BTW have they made any movements on the condo conversion for the $80k yet?

27% is lot for a short term rental and I wonder how often it would be rented. However, if you do the long term rental you do lose access. I do like your shower renovation.

BTW have they made any movements on the condo conversion for the $80k yet?
DangerMouse, Thanks, I'm still waiting for the glass door as everything is on order from the mainland and 6 weeks away! One of the inconveniences of living on an island.

The conversion is moving forward. The city required a set of steps from the parking lot but drug out the permit process for almost a year. They've been in over a month and that was the last requirement. It will be interesting to see the effect on the values and if it will be immediate or play out over time.

Farmers Market Day

LAZY dogs go to market just a short walk across Kapiolani Park. LAZY dogs aren't allowed in the market! There's our $3.00 bounty, 4 oranges and 9 radishes. Kills me to pay $.11 a radish when I have a garden full in CA. And another view of Diamond Head.

Attachments

• Farmers Market 002.jpg
    Farmers Market 002.jpg
    159.3 KB · Views: 5
  • Farmers Market 003.jpg
    Farmers Market 003.jpg
    190.4 KB · Views: 4
  • Farmers Market 007.jpg
    Farmers Market 007.jpg
    173.8 KB · Views: 6
  • Farmers Market 005.jpg
    Farmers Market 005.jpg
    146.6 KB · Views: 6
Honobog, what sort of flight preparation do you do for the dogs? Tranquilizers? No quarantine in Hawaii?

Looks like big fun to have your dogs with you in Hawaii. Wish I could do that. But I really would hesitate with the cargo air.

Honobog, what sort of flight preparation do you do for the dogs? Tranquilizers? No quarantine in Hawaii?

Looks like big fun to have your dogs with you in Hawaii. Wish I could do that. But I really would hesitate with the cargo air.
There is now direct release at the airport if you start with a test done four months in advance that is good for 3 years. D.D. is on her second test. Then you just have some paperwork that they need 10 days in advance. They dogs fly fine, I usually have a couple of drinks. I just found out that Hawaiian will allow in cabin dogs leaving Hawaii. We leave from SF so the weather there is fine and Honolulu has a good record of leaving on time so I don't worry too much about them being on the tarmack for a long time.

I love having the dogs with me. Here they are relaxing after todays activities. We'll probably go downstairs to the beach and watch the sunset in just a bit.

Attachments

• Farmers Market 011.jpg
    Farmers Market 011.jpg
    182.3 KB · Views: 12
  • Farmers Market 009.jpg
    Farmers Market 009.jpg
    180.4 KB · Views: 7
Sunset

Just enjoying the sunset. Aloha!

Attachments

• Sunset at Michele's 011.jpg
    Sunset at Michele's 011.jpg
    132.5 KB · Views: 12
  • Sunset at Michele's 003.jpg
    Sunset at Michele's 003.jpg
    189.9 KB · Views: 13
  • Sunset at Michele's 015.jpg
    Sunset at Michele's 015.jpg
    163.5 KB · Views: 13
  • Sunset at Michele's 012.jpg
    Sunset at Michele's 012.jpg
    191.1 KB · Views: 14
  • Sunset at Michele's 005.jpg
    Sunset at Michele's 005.jpg
    188.3 KB · Views: 10
A nice cab, a good dog, and another sunset. It's all good.

Attachments

• Sunset at Michele's 024.jpg
    Sunset at Michele's 024.jpg
    161.3 KB · Views: 23
  • Sunset at Michele's 016.jpg
    Sunset at Michele's 016.jpg
    143.1 KB · Views: 13
  • Sunset at Michele's 010.jpg
    Sunset at Michele's 010.jpg
    172.3 KB · Views: 12
Another day in paradise

Chillin' by the fountain in front of Diamond Head. Watching the lights come on in Waikiki after sunset. Just over two weeks left.

Attachments

• Another day in paradise 004.jpg
    Another day in paradise 004.jpg
    168.5 KB · Views: 11
  • Another day in paradise 005.jpg
    Another day in paradise 005.jpg
    149.7 KB · Views: 7
  • Another day in paradise 009.jpg
    Another day in paradise 009.jpg
    143.6 KB · Views: 6
The ocean is calling you!

The Sunday paper, a Bloody Mary, the sound of the surf, and LAZY dogs after a morning walk.

Attachments

• honoTrump 007.jpg
    honoTrump 007.jpg
    166.4 KB · Views: 7
  • honoTrump 010.jpg
    honoTrump 010.jpg
    149.7 KB · Views: 7
  • honoTrump 017.jpg
    honoTrump 017.jpg
    157.5 KB · Views: 9
  • honoTrump 016.jpg
    honoTrump 016.jpg
    137.7 KB · Views: 12
Oh my lands, these photos are killing me! I'm ready to get online and buy tickets right now for Hawaii vacation. Thank you so much for sharing.

Bubba, com'on the water's fine! A little pre Memorial Day observance. Hey, floating trampoline looks fun! Excuse me, let go of my dog, we're in the middle of a photo shoot. OK, I'm ready for my close up.

Attachments

• Sunday Fun 003.jpg
    Sunday Fun 003.jpg
    214 KB · Views: 4
  • Sunday Fun 009.jpg
    Sunday Fun 009.jpg
    133.8 KB · Views: 4
  • Sunday Fun 001.jpg
    Sunday Fun 001.jpg
    127.4 KB · Views: 5
  • Sunday Fun 020.jpg
    Sunday Fun 020.jpg