Mid-October trip suggestions?

I have not been to Boston (other than for work) since I was a kid. We did consider Boston for a honeymoon, but it did not make the final list.

But here is a list we compiled when honeymoon shopping:

1) there is a square by Harvard, I believe- I have been told to visit there
2) fisherman's warf
3) cheers
4) freedom trail (old north church and similar)
5) there was a village with old 16th and 17th century dress I remember seeing
6) Sam Adams brewery
7) I will mention Heberts again- my wife LOVED the things I would bring her from Heberts whenever I worked in the area.

Take the sightseeing trolley . It will take you to all the sights and you can get on and off . Depending on how much time you spend there you may need two days on the trolley . Walk the freedom trail . It's well marked and very interesting . Watch the street vendors at Faneuil Hall . Have a beer at cheers . Walk harvard square ( it is not what you imagined ) . Go to the half price ticket place and get tickets for Blue Man Group ( fun but not at full price ).Go to the Aquarium . Take the ferry over to Provincetown . As you can see there is a lot to do . I've been there a lot and I never tire of it . It's neck & neck with San Francisco as my favorite city .

Take the sightseeing trolley . It will take you to all the sights and you can get on and off . Depending on how much time you spend there you may need two days on the trolley .

reminds me of the opening for one cheers episode where some old guy was giving bus tours of the city and said that cheers was where some big revolutionary war meeting or something took place, just so the trolley/bus driver could get an irish coffee.

If you've never been, consider a trip to our nation's capital. DC is beautiful and there's so much to see and do. Excellent public transit to all the major attractions. October is a great time to go; the weather is perfect. I love, love DC and the surrounding area; it will bring out your "closet patriot".

If you've never been, consider a trip to our nation's capital. DC is beautiful and there's so much to see and do. Excellent public transit to all the major attractions. October is a great time to go; the weather is perfect. I love, love DC and the surrounding area; it will bring out your "closet patriot".

We went there last Thanksgiving and had a great time . Stayed at one of the Kimpton Hotels which I highly recommend .

Back
Top Bottom