National Parks Senior Pass

Looks like it is good for a carload. So if I apply for a pass, DW does not also have to have one also. (Don't want to have to have her get out at the Yellowstone front gate.)
Here's the straight poop - see the underlined info:

America the Beautiful – National Parks and Federal Recreational Lands Pass – Senior Pass. - Cost $10.

This is a lifetime pass for U.S. citizens or permanent residents age 62 or over. The pass provides access to, and use of, Federal recreation sites that charge an Entrance or Standard Amenity. The pass admits the pass holder and passengers in a non-commercial vehicle at per vehicle fee areas and pass holder + 3 adults, not to exceed 4 adults, at per person fee areas (children under 16 are admitted free). The pass can only be obtained in person at the park. The Senior Pass provides a 50 percent discount on some Expanded Amenity Fees charged for facilities and services such as camping, swimming, boat launch, and specialized interpretive services. In some cases where Expanded Amenity Fees are charged, only the pass holder will be given the 50 percent price reduction. The pass is non-transferable and generally does NOT cover or reduce special recreation permit fees or fees charged by concessionaires.
America the Beautiful - National Parks and Federal Recreational Lands Pass

....I can't tell you the number of times I've seen retirees drive up in their $500,000 RV and wave their $10 lifetime pass to get into the park....

Although I guess I see what you're saying (the nerve of those bad rich old people!), give us an estimate of how many times you've seen this happen and also where exactly do you station yourself so that you can see it happen?

Back
Top Bottom