PI, here I come

Onward

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
That's it. I'm retiring to the Philippines. But I'm going to fly back and forth a lot. Probably with Cebu Pacific.

You would've felt a little differently if you'd seen this done by the Drew-Carey lookalike who gave that presentation last week on Continental's Houston-Honolulu flight...

What do you mean? I was referring to the high quality of the safety equipment.

I retired to Indonesia - neighbor to Philippines. It me give you some tips.
1. Although PI is mostly Christian, some Muslim communities do exist. Avoid them like the plague. They are noisy with their mosques and don't make good neighbors.

2. If you are single, plan on getting married. A native PI wife can get you through a lot of rough spots regarding traditions, customs, and helping you live a much more comfortable life.

3. Wherever you choose to settle down, make sure it is off the main tourist trail. To many foreign travelers visiting an area changes the feel and lifestyle of an area. For the most part tourists only do crazy things that cause problems.

I'll think of more when it's not so late at night!

I retired to Indonesia - neighbor to Philippines. It me give you some tips.

Well, my original post was a joke, but I actually am interested in SE Asia as a retirement destination, so thanks for the tips!

dont forget to tape those hashish around your belly to avoid detection when flying.

So, what about a native husband? Do they do a good job at making one more comfortable, too?

Amethyst

2. If you are single, plan on getting married. A native PI wife can get you through a lot of rough spots regarding traditions, customs, and helping you live a much more comfortable life.

What do you mean? I was referring to the high quality of the safety equipment.

Good thing you refrained from any tangential reference to floatation devices.

I don't blame you. I recently came back from a visit to a friend's farm in the Dominican Republic, and he introduced me to his girlfriend's girlfriends. Let's just say that I have NEVER been hand fed bread, shrimps, and ice cream on a first date until the DR. I can see the allure. :)

Good thing you refrained from any tangential reference to floatation devices.

I don't blame you. I recently came back from a visit to a friend's farm in the Dominican Republic, and he introduced me to his girlfriend's girlfriends. Let's just say that I have NEVER been hand fed bread, shrimps, and ice cream on a first date until the DR. I can see the allure. :)

Well, shoot...now you've been ruined for any American girls I see...:whistle:

It seems my question is being ignored by the OP. In case it wasn't obvious, there are many, many female members on the ER Forum. Some would undoubtedly like to know the OP's opinions in answer to my question.

Are native wives a good idea for expatriate ERs, but native husbands not as good an idea for some reason?

A.

So, what about a native husband? Do they do a good job at making one more comfortable, too?

Amethyst

Are native wives a good idea for expatriate ERs, but native husbands not as good an idea for some reason?

Amethyst, I'm sure there's plenty over there to suit your taste. Just depends on what kind of safety equipment you prefer. :)

I don't know about the PI, but I saw a number of middle-aged Caucasian women being accompanied by hunky Dominican young men. I don't know what their exact relationships were, but from their body language, I'd say they were more than just friends. I also can't attest if they were married, but let's just say that well-to-do Westerners are in demand as mates. Even my friend who is not a handsome guy by any standard had girls knocking down his door. Amethyst, I'm assuming you are asking not for personal reasons but rather from an equal opportunity stand point. In either case, rest assured that opportunities exist if you ever want it. :)

It seems my question is being ignored by the OP. In case it wasn't obvious, there are many, many female members on the ER Forum. Some would undoubtedly like to know the OP's opinions in answer to my question.

A.

I know this is a Title 9 inspired question, but in case you are interested, I've heard that most American women take their sex vacations in the Caribbean, most Europeans in Ghana, Togo or Benin, depending mainly on whether they prefer love making in French or English.

So it really is an equal opportunity world.:)

Ha

By saying "wife," it seems to me that Hobo recommended the advantages of entering into a permanent relationship. ER is an equal opportunity interest group, so it doesn't seem unreasonable to wonder if any advantages would accrue to marrying a native PI husband. Maybe it is a terrible idea for some reason - it would be interesting to know.

Moreover, I don't have to actually want a new husband to be interested in the topic, any more than I have to stop diligently paying off my mortgage, just to read the threads that advocate keeping a mortgage.:)

Then again the OP (not Hobo, sorry my error) started the thread in a spirit of fun, so I probably erred by being serious. Not the first time I've erred that way during my life...

A.

I don't know about the PI, but ...let's just say that well-to-do Westerners are in demand as mates. .....Amethyst, I'm assuming you are asking not for personal reasons but rather from an equal opportunity stand point. In either case, rest assured that opportunities exist if you ever want it. :)

Back
Top Bottom