Really, really small towns (villages)?

Interesting the differences in life experience that RE's have based on place of birth.

The burbs - God Bless Levittown and all the modern burbs which followed.

Think Happy Days the movie. Don't make to Sonic that much anymore.

heh heh heh - Under one hour gets me to the Big City - Kansas City that is!

heh heh heh - Under one hour gets me to the Big City - Kansas City that is!

I think that is the best of all worlds, living in a smaller town, but close enough to a metro area to be able to take advantage of it's charms (eateries, malls, stores, brewpubs). Not sure what I would do without a regular trip to Costco...

Oooooo - this almost sounds like where I grew up. Pleasant Grove, CA. K-8 elementary. 13 kids in my 8th grade class. One Jewish family, one large Mormon family, TWO black families, one Indian (Asian Indian) family, 2-5 Mexican families, rest of us generic RC or Protestant families. Wealthy farmers kids played with the trashy ones - after all, we have all known each other since kindergarten. Churches in other towns. No bar. No downtown. One dinky little "general store" that had a kitchen on the main floor and foosball upstairs. Lots of rice fields. Three similar elementary schools feed into one high school 17 miles away - located in the middle of the three regions (there is a blinking up there on 99 about half a mile from the high school!) The post office was the size of a small bedroom made from cinderblocks. We did have a local ceramic shop :)

Don't miss it at all! Probably why I am a geek, yet social butterfly! (had time to kill reading but was involved in anything that got me out!)

I dunno, but inbreeding would explain some of the ugly kids in one little town in Ohio!

We have a joke about a neighboring small town that goes like this:

Why are murders so hard to solve in ________?

Because everyone has the same DNA, and there are no dental records.

Back
Top Bottom