time share trip

I would not recommend a time share as an investment to anyone. But if you use or exchange it regularly it can be a surprising money-saver.

Exactly my experience with fractional ownership. If you don't use it, you waste money. But if you do (as I do) your vacations require very little cash flow.

Absolutely - you should not buy a timeshare or fractional ownership you are not committed to using any more than you should buy a car that you don't plan to drive on a regular basis. In the same vein, if return on investment is paramount, why would anyone buy a Lexus when a Toyota Camry would serve the purpose just as well and allow you to 'invest' the difference?

... why would anyone buy a Lexus when a Toyota Camry would serve the purpose just as well and allow you to 'invest' the difference?
oooh, oooh, I have the answer to this one.

My aunt who is older and very well off, just bought a new mercedes.
The 50-60k was a rounding error in the scheme of things.
She is enjoying her life. Yeah, she coulda bought a toyota and saved 30k, but what for?

So it depends on if the purchase makes a material difference in ones lifestyle.

oooh, oooh, I have the answer to this one.

My aunt who is older and very well off, just bought a new mercedes.
The 50-60k was a rounding error in the scheme of things.
She is enjoying her life. Yeah, she coulda bought a toyota and saved 30k, but what for?

So it depends on if the purchase makes a material difference in ones lifestyle.

That makes my point exactly. As with cars, many preople buy timeshare property because it is want they want to do with their money and fits their needs and travel desires - not because the choice generates the best ROI. Yet some who purchase a car that for those reasons will try to pick the trimshare economics to death. Makes no sense to me.

Back
Top Bottom