Useful Medicare information

Calico

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
I attended a 2-hour "informational seminar" about Medicare at the Family Medicine practice where my PCP practices. It's a public service they provide as part of their outreach to the community.

I am a year away from Medicare, but I'm doing my research now.

It was interesting, and although it didn't present a lot of new-to-me information, it did "put it all together" in one easy-to-navigate slideshow, which they emailed to all the attendees afterwards. They also had handouts and snacks - woo hoo! :dance: :D

The main presenter was from the local SHIIP office (Seniors Health Insurance Information Program) and she really knew her stuff. I was surprised at some of the questions from the audience, but then I realized that not everyone has had the benefit of the free Medicare education I have received on this site from those who have "been there, done that" and been kind enough to share their knowledge with others who are coming up behind them. :D

They even had some pretty nice raffle prizes for those whose ticket numbers they called. My life long luck held firm there, and I didn't win a thing. :LOL:

It was a good excuse to leave w#ork two hours early, and I did learn a couple of things, so it was time well spent.

If I'm not mistaken, every state has a SHIIP program in place. They will meet one-on-one with folks to help them navigate the Medicare Maze when the time comes. I guess that is similar to what Boomer Benefits does, but in this case you get a real live person to talk to.

Edited to add: apparently SHIIP is called by different names in different states.

https://www.seniorsresourceguide.com/directories/National/SHIP/

Back
Top Bottom