Doing his job, ends up sentenced to prison

If he's really as innocent as the article makes it sound, I'd bet money on his being granted clemency and released after serving only a fraction of his sentence.

The problem is that there is no way to know the real details. He and his employer say the data he bought was in the public domain, but it would be nice to have independent confirmation of that.

Yeah, I'd think he'd get a reduced sentence and clemency.

One one hand, we're supposed to be trading partners with other countries, and on the other their spying and accusations of spying going on. Lots of irony.

I remember back while at w*rk, thinking of the irony that there would be lawsuits between megacorp and competitors, yet at the same time, could be working together with the same company on something else.

Doing his job, ends up sentenced to prison

For some people, there wouldn't be much difference.

The US government is in a weak position, given its own questionable prosecution of English [-]gambling[/-] gaming executives David Carruthers and Peter Dicks; not to mention the NatWest Three.

They were both just doing their jobs for their respective companies, too; but foreign countries sometimes have strange laws.

I think China is one of the most corrupt and fear-based cultures on Earth. I am reminded of George Orwell's "1984." I do not plan to visit their country.

Back
Top Bottom