"Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act’’.

MichaelB

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Site Team
Another boondoogle full of pork and payola that reduces benefits for many and raises costs quite a bit for most to redistribute to others.

Last edited:
According to the former director of the Congressional Budget Office Douglas Holtz-Eakin, neither this bill nor the house bill will reduce medical spending growth. That was one thing "reform" was supposed to accomplish. Nope.

Even worse:
. . .each bill sets up a new entitlement program that grows at 8% annually as far as the eye can see—faster than the economy will grow, faster than tax revenues will grow, and just as fast as the already-broken Medicare and Medicaid programs.

8% annual growth. Just thinking about that should make anyone look for a new approach. This is crazy.

From everything I've read, nothing being considered is real health care reform, it is all health insurance reform. As we have seen and discussed health insurers are not making an obscene profit, so reforming health insurance is a waste of time, money, and energy.

Reform is hard. Doing anything sensible exposes you to accusations that you're trying to kill Grandma.

Back
Top Bottom