Spectrum TV Choice

harllee

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
I currently have Spectrum cable and internet (formerly Time Warner Cable). I have been with Spectrum about a year and currently pay $110 per month for fairly high speed internet and most all the cable channels including premium channels like HBO, etc. I also have a DVR which I use frequently and would like to keep.

I know that my cost of cable will go up substantially after the anniversary of my first year with Spectrum and I am trying to figure out how to avoid the increase. Right now the only way to get high speed internet at my house is through Spectrum or AT&T. I think Spectrum is the best for internet so I will stay with them for that (cost around $70 for internet only).

I understand from a friend that Spectrum Cable now has a deal called Spectrum TV Choice that costs around $25 (maybe a little more for the DVR). The way I understand it under Spectrum TV choice you get the local channels (NBC, ABC, CBS, PBS) and your choice of 10 other channels. I watch less than 10 channels now on a regular basis so I could probably live with this.

Anyone know anything about this Spectrum TV Choice?

I have it. I was an existing customer, so it costs $33 month for 1st year or two, then goes up, but I don't know how much. If you add the DVR, you will pay what you did before, about 7or 8 for box and maybe 13 for DVR service, so you are up to 54 or so plus tax. I have had it 3 months , and the app has been hitchy. It has worked OK for the last 2 weeks, so maybe they got it worked out. The $25 is for new customers. Internet is discounted 10 month for the first year or two. With Spectrum, you never "really" know what the charge will be until it happens.HTH

Back
Top Bottom