Social Security Calulator Question......

C

Cut-Throat

I have been using the SS Calculator at the Government website http://www.ssa.gov/OACT/ANYPIA/anypia.html

And have a question.

If I change my retirement age from 62 to 66, I cannot seem to see where the benefit changes on the calculated output. They list a number PIA - That is Primary Insurance Amount - But I am having trouble finding the MBA (Monthly Benefit Amount) that they refer to in the Documentation.

Anybody familar with this?  :confused:

I'm not sure I understand your question correctly, but I downloaded the detailed calculator from the SS web site and it clearly shows a change in monthly benefit when retiremant age is changed from 62 to 66.

PIA is the benefit at full retirement age (~66). My report shows a number of different scenerio calculations for PIA, then there is a block below that, about 2/3 of the way down the first page on my output, which shows reduction months, a factor and the monthly benefit. It is part of a block of several lines that I can't seem to cut/paste.

Wayne

Hi Newell,

My problem was On The Form where you specify retirement age. I was changing Date of Benefit rather than date of Entitlement.

It is working fine for me now - Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom