Any experiences with Biolife?

Nords

Moderator Emeritus
Speaking of fast money, no work, and no brains...

http://www.biolifeplasma.com/index.html

While I was retiring a couple years ago I saw an ad on a local TV station, checked the website, and never got around to going to the Honolulu center.

I stumbled across them again in my bookmark files and now I might actually make enough time to do something about it. I've always been a prodigious blood donor, and I'm fascinated by the idea of Biolife paying me to sit on my butt and catch up on my reading.

Anyone ever visited one of these centers or read about them? Are they legit, or are they the source of many an urban legend with dopers & other ne'er do wells?

Hmm, they suck out your blood, keep part of it, and then inject whatever is leftover back into you (at least that's what they tell you is going into you).

And Nords wants to do this?

OK, I now see how some people might find fishing and running on a treadmill enjoyable. It's all relative :)

I was just reading about a local murder where
(in addition to other things) they injected the victim
with Drano. I don't know anything about Biolife,
but the Drano thing put me in mind of having to go
back to work. Not sure which I would prefer :)

John Galt

My friend used to do this while he was in grad school in Denton, Texas. He had a good experience and made a few extra bucks. Also, a guy in my grad program does it here in State College, PA. He's never mentioned any problems with it.

Our local Blood Bank does this, as well as collecting the usual blood donations. My husband participates regularly as we don't have much spare cash for other kinds of charitable "donations" :D There is no money involved, but they have some interesting movies to watch and have snacks. The down side for him was that he was supporting a teenage girl with leukemia and she died recently. It was an emotional blow. Someone did the same for my mom 15 years ago and helped her live better and longer.

When I was going to college (76) and in need of gas money, I used to go to the local "plasma center" for a quick $10 bucks. :eek: The center was located close to campus (Univ. of Ky.) and seemed to feed on desperate college students.

Slipp

I heard that the plasma collected by plasma centers is sold to manufactures of make-up. Purified blood plasma is complelety non allergenic and is used mostly in eye shadow and mascaras.

Yummy, after all that effort I hope they don't have to test it on bunnies.

After all that research, the Honolulu Biolife branch shut down (probably due to a lack of dedicated ER customers). I'm waiting to see what else oozes to the surface, so to speak...

Yuck! So, should we see human blood plasma on the list of contents on our mascara tubes?

Back
Top Bottom