Help with math

G

I saw on a news program,that between 7 & 8 trillion dollars had been spent in the "war on poverty" in the last 40 years. I need help on how much this is per person, per year, per month. I think we are getting close to 300 million in population now,I know we were not 40 years ago. But try using 300 million and the lower number of 7 trillion and see how much the govt. has spent on each of use over the last 40 years. I tried it ,but I must have did it wrong . The numbers seemed to big. :confused:

Not a hard task - 7 trillion is seven million millions - divided by 300 million results in 0.023333 million dollars per person for 40 years or $23,333.33. Rounding up to $24,000 per person for 40 years gives an average of $600 per year or $50 per month per person.

Don't know where you're going with this but these are the numbers -

JohnP

$7 trillion equals $7000 billion.
300 million people equals 0.3 billion people.

This works out to $7000/0.3 or about $23000 per person, total, over 40 years.

Divide by 40 and you get around $600 per person annually. [ A little less when using $7 trillion, a little more at $8 trillion.]

Have fun.

John R.

Not a hard task - 7 trillion is seven million millions - divided by 300 million results in 0.023333 million dollars per person for 40 years or $23,333.33.   Rounding up to $24,000 per person for 40 years gives an average of $600 per year or $50 per month per person.  

Don't know where you're going with this but these are the numbers -

JohnP

Much cheaper than Prisons or Law Enforcement :D

Not all 300 million are in poverty. Say maybe 10 to 30 million .How much would that be . Thanks in advance.

I saw on a news program,that between 7 & 8 trillion dollars had been spent in the "war on poverty" in the last 40 years

Which 'news program' did you see this on? - The Rush Limbaugh show? :D

Before we start doing the math, let's check your source. It may be more telling than what is on our calculators.

Much cheaper than Prisons or Law Enforcement :D

Given that I live next to the 3rd largest welfare city in the US, and a quick read of the local news, I think some combination of those factors is being brought to bear...

Nice to see you posting again TH :) - I missed your Humor! :)

I missed you bunch of rat #%$@'s too ;)

But its a temporary daliance...I've got 2, maybe 3 weeks to finish the wifes old house remodel and get it on the market before we're parents.

EEEK!

Back
Top Bottom