Thank You ... Pentagon FCU CD's

Craig

Full time employment: Posting here.
Don't want to clutter the board, but also want to say this loud and clear ... thank you for the tip about the Pentagon FCU 5 year CD's. Never, ever would have run across that deal otherwise, and those of you who recommended a look at that investment have clearly given us a very nice opportunity. Much appreciated, and I hope to return the favor over the next few months.

I've got years of experience in business, and a few requisite letters after my name ... all of which have not brought me the early retirement earned by many others on this board. Sometimes you have to get older before you learn how little you know. Thanks for a true education.

Take care.

I want to add my thanks too! I have had over $100k languishing in a MM account at my local credit union for quite some time, hoping that rates would rise so that I could lock in a better rate. The post regarding PFCU's cd promotion got me motivated to do something about it. I opened an account at PFCU with the intent of transferring my MM funds there into a cd. But, before I did, I asked my local credit union if they would match PFCU's rate. Turns out they would, and their cds of 36 months or greater have a one time "step up" feature whereby you can convert your cd to a better rate if interest rates rise over the duration of the certificate. They wouldn't split the jumbo cd into smaller cd's as PFCU apparently will do, but I felt that was a small price to pay for the "step up" feature. Anyway, this board has probably saved me several thousand dollars. Many thanks!

Don't want to clutter the board, but also want to say this loud and clear ... thank you for the tip about the Pentagon FCU 5 year CD's.  Never, ever would have run across that deal otherwise, and those of you who recommended a look at that investment have clearly given us a very nice opportunity.

Add my thanks to the list, too. :) I wasn't even planning to have money in a CD, but the 5.25% rate for the 5-year CD was just too good to pass up for a guaranteed rate.
-Scott

Back
Top Bottom