Mom

Danny

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
What are your plans for Mother's day?

No other moms in the family at the moment - so the attention is all on DW
For us its managing to round up the kids for the day - group? gardening in the morning - lunch at our current favorite restaurant - a walk around some lakes in Minneapolis - back home for some present giving to DW....

Call me a Grinch, but I am fed up with so many days when I am supposed to buy stuff, and I HATE SHOPPING.

Christmas, Anniversary, Valentines Day, Birthday, Mother's Day, it never stops.

I will go out for dinner, but if anyone is interested in 35 Royal Doulton Figurines, I may have some to sell.

I have 6 Watches, why, I don't even wear one?

Most memorable was my 50'th Birthday when my Wife borrowed 2 World Series Rings and we all got our pictures taken wearing them, then the Rings were returned.

meeting with brother & sil. taking to lunch one of mom's last surviving best friends of 61 years who moved here about 15 years ago to live near mom. (her children are in alaska and n.y.) then we will bring coffee icecream sundae with hot fudge & extra whipped cream to mom in the nursing home where they are throwing a party. likely this will be the last time i celebrate mother's day. getting old sucks. no wonder i have refused to grow-up.

immaturely yours, lazygood4nothinbum

Maximillion said:
I am fed up with so many days when I am supposed to buy stuff

totally relating. i get one birthday and one hanukah. my brother get's his birthday, his wife's birthday, a birthday each for three kids. his wedding anniversary. one hanukah per person. a mother's day and a father's day. i get two cards a year if i'm l lucky but i'm supposed to come up with 13 for them?

2 to 13. where's the equality in that?

i guess they don't just need to prevent gay marriages to keep theirs together. they need hallmark as well.

We will have breakfast with stepmom and dad, husbands kids will call if they remember (no biggie), I'll stop by the cemetary to pay respects to my mother and grandmother. After that the day will go along like any other Sunday.

My spouse will be in Bangkok, my mother-in-law will be on the Mainland, and my kid will be washing her Mom's car.

I'll be napping so that I'm rested up for the reunion...

My mom and I were at the gym today and she asked me when mother's day was. I told her I didn't know (amazing how quickly you forget holidays when you're not in that country) but handed her a five pound weight and told her don't say I didn't give her anything for mother's day. :D She got a good laugh out of it.

Its just DW & me. The kids are in N.C. and Utah. When it comes to presents I am completely clueless. DW likes to go to craft fairs. She went to one last weekend so I told her to buy herself something extravagent for mother's day. She came home with a beautiful silver necklace that she likes a whole lot more than anything I could have picked out. I will go out Sunday morning while she sleeps in and pick up some flowers for her. That's about it. We don't like to go out to dinner on Mother's Day because the restaurants are so crowded.

Grumpy

I'll probably grill some chicken or something for my Mom and Aunt. I'm doing more of the Sunday cooking as they are getting tired of it. Damn, they sure are getting lazy just to be 88 and 94 years old respectively.  :D

My Mom is dead. For my wife, I bought a nice custom frame at Michael's to frame an oil painting that she did some years ago. It has been on her wall with no frame, and the frame I got looks great.

I also send cards to lots of Moms I know- my sister, various friends, etc.

I am a big supporter of Motherhood. Just see one birth and that will create lasting respect for mothers. :)

Ha

Arif said:
but handed her a five pound weight and told her don't say I didn't give her anything for mother's day. :D She got a good laugh out of it.
Lucky guy! She could've broken your foot with that thing...

Good point about the flowers. I hope our local street-corner flower guy has some that'll last an extra week.

I'm looking forward to my first Mother's Day as a Mom. Last year I was 9 months pregnant and ready to burst. DH said it didn't count until the baby was out. He better make up for it this year !! :)

Since hubby has to work til 1pm I'm driving one hr to meet up with youngest son for a late breakfast. I only get to see him once a month if I'm lucky so this is a real treat!

Hubby says he is going to surprise me and make dinner. I'm thinking it will be safer if I do it. He's NOT a cook...wonderful guy though.

J-Lu said:
I'm looking forward to my first Mother's Day as a Mom.  Last year I was 9 months pregnant  and ready to burst.   DH said it didn't count until the baby was out.  He better make up for it this year !! :)
I'm pretty sure that Dr. Phil would confirm that not a judge in the land would convict you for your response to that provocation...

This weekend My Wife is on call the entire weekend, so I will pick up some lobster tomorrow, a Chablis or Poully Fuisse, and cook it for her.

Maximillion said:
This weekend My Wife is on call the entire weekend, so I will pick up some lobster tomorrow, a Chablis or Poully Fuisse, and cook it for her.

What do you have to pay up there for Poully Fuisse?

Ha

Back
Top Bottom