worst accident you ever had

mathjak107

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
over the weekend we were talking about some of the accidents that happened to us .
mine was 2 years ago i did a 70 mile mountain bike trip.not a scratch on me .came home and washed my bike and in our community driveway in back of the house i rode the bike to work the lube in.a woman in a ford explorer backed out of her driveway without looking and ran me down.. a shattered collerbone and bruised hip were my reward.of course there was no glory getting run over in my driveway so i just told everyone it happened careening wildly down a mountain slope

Trust me, you don't want to hear about it (I'm blind in one eye as a result).

Had a motorcycle accident Sept. 26th of last year in N. Lake Tahoe. A lady in a Ford F150 pulled out in front of me. I was going 45 and had 12 feet - it was either drop the bike or hit the truck...and die. I dropped the bike - hard. When I stopped rolling I had 7 broken ribs, a punctured lung and spleen and plenty of road rash. Was in ICU for 7 days. I thought I knew what pain was---you don't know pain til you have broken ribs!
This accident really made me come to terms with my mortality and ultimately my decision to ER. After I got back to work - all the BS that I took for granted was just plain painful and so apparent.
It really changed the way I saw the my world.

Mine was not as bad as these, but . . .

I was bicycling from Los Angeles to Denver in 1986. I had just crossed Slumgullion Pass
coming from camping out above Creede. I was going 32 mph and hit a small gravel patch
and due to my inattention my front wheel went slightly sideways, causing it to pretzel
when I got back to asphalt. I had plenty of time to think "Oh S*&t" as I went over the
handlebars, cracking 3 ribs against them, and skidding / rolling to a stop about 100' later.
I had also cracked my helmet and had a bad road rash on my arm and leg. Fortunately
a truck saw it happen from a few hundred yards away, and as I slowly stretched and stood
to see what the damage was, they offered me a ride down to Lake City. I spent 2 days
rebuilding my front wheel (cut all the spokes, stomped it flat, respoked it). I caught a ride
out to Gunnison when they went to get supplies, then wobbled at about half speed into
Denver 3 days later. I was careful to go slow enough not to breathe deeply, although my
ribs reminded me when I was going too fast. Ah, the things our bodies can do at 27 . . .

TromboneAl said:
Trust me, you don't want to hear about it (I'm blind in one eye as a result).
well now that you got our curiosity up!

Pooped my pants once ! Thought it was just a small wet one but turned out a bit more serious, if you get my jist.

Back
Top Bottom