I am on my way.... out!

OHjosh

Recycles dryer sheets
I am on my way.... out!

It has been a while since I looked at the forum or posted here, but I wanted to thank the forum adminsitrator and  anyone who responded to my posts.  September 30th is my last day at my job.  The bucket  of bullshit just wasn't worth the net worth bucket anymore! 

To say everyone was shocked at work is an understatement.  They even sent out a memo to say that my departure does not mean the place is going under (I was almost an institution there and amongst many jobs, the finance guy).  They are trying to get me to stay even part time, but I hate the place and the situation, so I keep saying NO!  I wish I could say that was easy for me to do, but it is easier than contemplating staying without some ending.

Although there are those on this forum who would tell me I am to conservative, I beleive I still need to work a few more years.  But I can;t say anymore that I don't have the money to take the time to find what I want.

So again, thanks to those who gently (or not so gently) helped me get out of my wage slave mentality.

OHjosh

Re: I am on my way.... out!

Congrats!!!  Time and sanity is very important.  Once we have enough to get by with, feathering the nest can still be accomplished.  Been there and left, now doing some time as I chose to feather and add in some fun money.  Would not go back for anything.  Sanity is priceless!  :D

That's it my man, give corporate America the double middle finger! :D I love it!!! Congratulations!!

For those who don't know, the departure of the corporate finance manager is THE NUMBER ONE predictor of future business setbacks.  That is why the corporate communication, maybe even to the investor relations level.

OP may not have been the CFO but obviously he was high enough in that department to have his departure of interest to others.

Congratulations.  I am confident you can find other gigs.  One of my neighbors was the CFO of a well known Seattle company and now sits on several Boards of Directors and did a stint as a transitional finance manager at a university.   The fun may just be beginning.

(edited to cure a premature send)

Congratulations! You lucky guy. :)

CONGRATS! That's my day as well! tell youw aht...I'll drink a stiff one in the name of your special day if you do the same for me!!

Stick it to the man

Brat said:
For those who don't know, the departure of the corporate finance manager is THE NUMBER ONE predictor of future business setbacks.  That is why the corporate communication, maybe even to the investor relations level.

Yes, the Board (BTW its a non profit, not a Fortune 500 company :) )  and its failure to do something to head off insolvency in the next two years is a BIG factor in my leaving.  I decided I no longer wanted to fight through the denial or suffer the insults because they thought I didn't know "my place". 

[Moderator edit to fix the quotes.]

thefed said:
CONGRATS! That's my day as well! tell youw aht...I'll drink a stiff one in the name of your special day if you do the same for me!!

ONLY ONE DRINK:confused:? :)

[Moderator edit to fix the quotes.]

OHjosh...

A request to you and others... who quote someone and then type your response INSIDE THE QUOTES.... PLEASE STOP!!!

You can not tell what is a quote and what is new... type outside the quote.. either on the top or bottom... just a simple request to remove some frustration...

Thanks..

Back
Top Bottom