Unique things to do in Washington DC as a tourist?

soupcxan

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
I'm going to DC for the weekend, any suggestions for unique things to do? Looking for things that are a little bit off the beaten path...i.e. not the monuments, or the well-known museums, or the main government buildings. Any ideas?

soupcxan said:
I'm going to DC for the weekend, any suggestions for unique things to do? Looking for things that are a little bit off the beaten path...i.e. not the monuments, or the well-known museums, or the main government buildings. Any ideas?

Are you able to [Edited by moderator]?

JG

soupcxan said:

if you like jazz take in show at blues alley

http://www.bluesalley.com/calendar.htm

soupcxan said:
Visit Eastern Market. It is a block long building with numerous small markets inside (butchers, vegetables, etc) weekdays and adds an outdoor farmers market and crafts on weekends. Very lively. Wonderful neighborhood (I live two blocks away :LOL:)

how about bike along the C + O canal?
Start out in Georgetown by the sculling clubs and go along the Potomac.

Back
Top Bottom