Bus Accident in Atlanta

Buckeye

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
The bus company that owned the bus that crashed is just a mile or two down the road from me and I drive by it every day on the way to work. The owners (who are friends) also built our home. The drivers were local folks and the university is just 20 miles up the road. I didn't know the kids but everyone's heart is broken over the kids and adults who died and who are seriously injured. Living in a small town makes the tragedy very personal in a way I've never experienced living in big cities all my life. It's so very sad.

Buckeye, you from Lima, Ohio by chance ? I'm from Wapakoneta originally but moved to the south last year. The bus crash is a horrible event and will no doubt affect many lives in the small Bluffton community. So sad.

I was born and raised in Seattle (and lived all over the country) but my husband and I now live in Ottawa, OH, a very rural community. We are about 25 miles north of Lima and 25 miles west of Findlay. Having lived in pretty big cities all my life, I have enjoyed the adjustment to living in a small, close-knit community. I will be going to Seattle next week and I will enjoy all the benefits it brings (family, friends, food, scenery) but I really enjoy the end of the drive back home from the airport (Detroit for this trip) when the cars and concrete begin to disappear and the corn and cows begin to appear.

I saw that two of the victims where from the small town where my parents live. Its a horrible accident, but it could have been a lot worse.

Wow.. reminds me of (what I thought was) a very good book by Russell Banks: "The Sweet Hereafter."

It got into the dynamics of the small-town aspect (really excellent evocation of Northern NE) and all the various ties and ramifications of the tragedy. The movie was also excellent with Ian Holm as an out-of-town lawyer who tries to pull together a negligence suit in the aftermath.

Sorry, Buckeye.. I imagine your town will never be quite the same. :(

I can understand what the people in Enterprise, AL are going through in a way I couldn't have three days ago. Actually, it's much worse for them. The high school is only a building but it's a big deal in a smaller town and losing it will be very hard on the community. We only lost a bus.

Back
Top Bottom