Snow

Martha

Moderator Emeritus
CT and I have had a bit of a snow contest on the moderator board. Cut, our final total is only 19 inches from Friday's storm, so I was wrong, probably because of the drifting near the lake. However, the total for the week here was 37 inches. We had a blizzard which caused drifting up to 20 feet near the lake. Just finishing cleaning up this morning and hope to blow town by tomorrow.

Pics from the local paper:

austinSNOW0303c5.jpg

austinSNOW0303c10.jpg

WOW!
But, it's great insulation.
Fire/EMS clearly not going down those streets. How about the others.
Come Spring your lake count may be up to 10,001!

A few flakes flying in the Ozarks today (no, a chartered airplane from California didn't arrive) the big, pretty, golf ball size floaters. A fine day to stay in and work on the forthcoming CNBC Stock Market contest.

Ugh, we wimpy californians just want to go to the mountains and see a dusting of snow fall from the sky, ski and sled a little, then drive back down. That is way too much of the white stuff for me!

Yeah, that was a pretty poor choice of words with this crowd.

Lets see what my accumulation looks like...taken a minute ago out my back door...still early morning here, so it wont hit the 70's for another couple of hours...

patio002.jpg

Theres hope for our northern brethren...only three or four more months before your backyard looks like this...

>:D >:D >:D

Finally gave up on snow for the year. Plum blossoms are already out. Can live with that.

Martha, CT, you guys can keep the snow. I don't miss it one bit.

I'm not sure which Palm tree I'll sit under tomorrow and read my new book.

I used to have a picture of my mother sitting atop a snowbank next to the top two feet of a utility pole.

They couldn't plow that hill, they had to take it out in trucks. We were cut off from traffic for a week.

Final Storm total in our Locale was 20.5 inches. - Luckily, most of it will be gone in 2 weeks! 8)

This is our Cul-dec-Sac this morning.

TheCul-De-Sac.jpg

We sat out front and watched the neighbor kids play t-ball in the court out front of the house. I think I got a little sunburn.

Cut-Throat said:
Final Storm total in our Locale was 20.5 inches. - Luckily, most of it will be gone in 2 weeks! 8)

This is our Cul-dec-Sac this morning.

TheCul-De-Sac.jpg

Sure is pretty, though.

Martha said:
...our final total is only 19 inches from Friday's storm, so I was wrong, probably because of the drifting near the lake. However, the total for the week here was 37 inches. We had a blizzard which caused drifting up to 20 feet near the lake. Just finishing cleaning up this morning and hope to blow town by tomorrow...

You guys got the snow... we got the ice. Western Iowa got beat up last Thursday with ice... then snow.

We were without power for a week. Finally got it back Saturday afternoon.

Bright eyed - that is exactly what our daughter (down in Arizona) says about our home in Wisconsin, it's nice to visit, but definitely not in the winter.

Guess that Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder ! ;)

(Attempting to post a photo of our home - hope it comes through okay.)

Attachments

• Northwoods Snowfall.JPG
    Northwoods Snowfall.JPG
    61.2 KB · Views: 54
  • Northwoods Snowfall.JPG_thumb
    36.8 KB · Views: 0
Hey SOBEIT, nice pic. I have literally dozens of relatives in WI, the deep nort' woods, you betcha, near or in Tomahawk. What parts you from?

We had a half-day off last week due to the snow storm. It was more work shoveling snow off my drive way than working at work. My shoulder and lower back are stilling hurting.

That was a pretty Pic, SOBEIT. I wish I'd taken some last week - we had snow on Thursday - The best kind - beautiful soft stuff that coats the trees, and melts in 24 hours.

Spanky said:
We had a half-day off last week due to the snow storm. It was more work shoveling snow off my drive way than working at work. My shoulder and lower back are stilling hurting.
Would a snow blower have made your job easier?

I honestly don't know the answer to that question (we don't have much if any snow down here in New Orleans). I need to learn about dealing with snow since I plan to retire further North.

A shovel sounds simpler to use and lighter to carry than a snow blower.

CFB, thanks for providing my first smile for the day. BTW which one of our board member is that in your picture?

Thanks!

We retired in Rhinelander - Love it up in the northwoods!

CFB - laughed my "butt" off when I saw your photo of Jed Clampet gone wild . :LOL:

DH & I just returned from a sojourn to see the Grandson. En route he played Bandon Dunes (10 days ago), one of the holes was covered in hail!!! He swore that the wind just grabbed his ball and tossed it in the gorst- a 2 to 2.5 club wind. Not often there are chains required in CA on US 101 - they claimed it was the worst in 100 years.

That storm had cold high winds, lots of moisture. I venture it was even nastier as it worked its way east.

Back
Top Bottom