• Asexual

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • Other

Votes: 4 4.8%

• Total voters

bpp

Full time employment: Posting here.
Seems topical. Update on Kinsey.

Only one vote per user, but you can change your vote if you make a mistake or have an epiphany.

"... but you can change your vote if you make a mistake or have an epiphany."

After almost 20 years with my partner I'd better be gay. She has a tube of super glue with my name on it if I ever cheat or change my vote.

-helen

I was looking for Southern facing but couldn't find it.

The term "orientation" always reminds me of paper in laser printer. Landscape or portrait?

I don't think people are "orientated" to their sexuality. I believe you are born to love same sex people or you're born to love the opposite sex. BTW - Being on the fence, playing around bisexual doesn't count.

cube_rat said:
BTW - Being on the fence, playing around bisexual doesn't count.
Before or after consuming the three beers?

How about heterosexual in 'real life' but occasional erotic (in a 'Sword & Sorcery' genre) dreams of different roles and orientations?

Khan said:
How about heterosexual in 'real life' but occasional erotic (in a 'Sword & Sorcery' genre) dreams of different roles and orientations?

Well, I guess that's for you to judge, really. And as mentioned, you can always change your vote.

Helen said:
After almost 20 years with my partner I'd better be gay. She has a tube of super glue with my name on it if I ever cheat or change my vote.

Ouch!

Be careful out there, folks...

More follow-ups:
bssc said:
I was looking for Southern facing but couldn't find it.

You may be one of those for whom the "Other" category was created.

cube_rat said:
BTW - Being on the fence, playing around bisexual doesn't count.

Count for what? It is understood that there are no prizes associated with this poll, I hope.

Helen said:
"... but you can change your vote if you make a mistake or have an epiphany."

-helen
:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Khan said:

Using that logic my fantasies about 80 foot yachts and perpetual vacation would qualify me to vote >$5 million in the net worth poll.

a poll about the orientation of your pole?

well, if your are right handed, then it is oriented to the left, duh.

i'm gay and my hunk of a man partner was bisexual so between us we pretty much had all the bases covered. boy was that fun. the next guy to become my best friend was gay but he played a hetero heart-throb on tv. i often get asked if i'm married so i guess that makes me butch. i don't know why i made my straight friend so nervous on our last vacation together. i didn't know how to tell him, without emasculating him, that he's got nothing to worry about; he's not man enough for me. some straight guys are such girls.

One of my most entertaining vacation experiences as a hetero female was at a Club Med. I went knowing that the entire club had been reserved the previous week by Atlantis, the gay travel agency. When I arrived, some of the Atlantis holidaymakers were still there. Circus night was a hoot: they were really into the spandex! Acquasizes next morning was done surrounded by the hunkiest males I've ever seen, but absolutely no pressure to preen! Newly arriving straight couples were hilarious to watch, with the guys clinging for dear life to their wives/girlfriends. I haven't had so much fun in years.

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Update on Kinsey.

So far, at N=57, the percentages of gay and bisexual are each about 7%, or combined about 14%.

Seems like not much has changed from old Alfred's day, despite lots of societal changes since then. (Based of course on the highly scientific method of querying random anonymous respondents on the net with unknown selection biases or predilections for telling the truth.)

bpp said:
So far, at N=57, the percentages of gay and bisexual are each about 7%, or combined about 14%.

Seems like not much has changed from old Alfred's day, despite lots of societal changes since then. (Based of course on the highly scientific method of querying random anonymous respondents on the net with unknown selection biases or predilections for telling the truth.)
Which I would take that sexual orientation has a large biological basis, which means that sexual orientation is a gift from God and that anyone who tries to demonize God's gift is really a Pawn of [church lady voice] Satan [\church lady voice].

combining the homophobia & orientation threads, my lazy sex theory proposes that not only does homophobia produce more gay people, but also—in opposition to the population control theory--lazy’s theory of sexual orientation ratios begins by assuming that sexuality is genetically determined to some degree.

homophobia causes a greater number of gay people because the more homophobic the society, the greater number of gay people become closeted, live heterosexual lives, produce children and pass on the gay gene.

as enough gay people are produced, str8 people are forced to confront their own sexuality. as they accept their sexuality they accept the sexuality of gay people and homophobia decreases allowing even more gay people to come out of the closet. so less gay people now live str8 lives and pass on less gay genes.

as less gay people are born and less gay people grow up with society, homophobia gains more strength and so the fewer gay people remaining are forced back into the closet. so humanity goes from being tightly twisted heterosexuality, to unraveling genetically or by beer in cycles.

according to this theory, if the church (or temple or mosque, your choice) truly wanted to rid themselves of the hated homosexual and to break the cycle, their only paths are to accept, love and embrace them completely or simply kill us all. what would god do?

lazygood4nothinbum said:
according to this theory, if the church (or temple or mosque, your choice) truly wanted to rid themselves of the hated homosexual and to break the cycle, their only paths are to accept, love and embrace them completely or simply kill us all. what would god do?
It would depend which God you are currently channeling. I don't know if you are aware of this but there is a concern in the Jewish community since over 50% of all marriages are now mixed and that Jewish tradition is being lost through love.

bssc said:
It would depend which God you are currently channeling. I don't know if you are aware of this but there is a concern in the Jewish community since over 50% of all marriages are now mixed and that Jewish tradition is being lost through love.

long ago i wrote for a jewish newspaper so yes, i have been aware of that for many years already. i am also aware that leviticus is often cited as the primary reason the life of my kind has been made so miserable in this world (assuming i take any of this seriously).

jewish tradition has survived against some fairly surmounted hate for 5,767 years already; likely it will survive modern love as well.

5767 jewish year
4704 chinese year
1063 # of years the jews went without chinese food

lazygood4nothinbum said:

Come to think of it, homophobia itself may be a bit of an historical anomaly. Outside of the Judeo-Christo-Islamic tradition(s), how many other religions incorporate institutionalized homophobia (something Leviticus-like, e.g.)? I'm sure there are some, I just don't know how prevalent they are or were.

Note: no judgment of any religion implied here. (Should be obvious, but just in case.)

bpp said:
Come to think of it, homophobia itself may be a bit of an historical anomaly. Outside of the Judeo-Christo-Islamic tradition(s), how many other religions incorporate institutionalized homophobia (something Leviticus-like, e.g.)? I'm sure there are some, I just don't know how prevalent they are or were.

as i'm neither trained in history nor archeology, i don't know how anyone would know outside of surviving myths (which i'd imagine have been altered over time to serve the current powers that be or that had been), but i would imagine matriarchal societies just as "threatened" as the later patriarchal ones. you might be right or homophobia might have deeper roots.

the leviticus condemnation of gay love can be fairly easy to understand in light of a young and growing nation whereby instruction is given to multiply. some jewish law stems from practical living and example is often given of eating pork. it must not have been too difficult to realize trichinosis came from eating uncooked pig and so pork was declared unkosher. similar for most bottom dwelling seafood like clams and i think also crabs.

"don't quote leviticus to me unless you've recently sacrificed a goat"~~gay saying

lazygood4nothinbum said:
i would imagine matriarchal societies just as "threatened" as the later patriarchal ones.

I wasn't really assuming that matriarchal or patriarchal structure had much to do with it; Classical Greece was patriarchal and homophilic. I'm no anthropologist either, just speculating based on what little I know of other places and times. But just because I don't know about it doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

Back
Top Bottom