Family Feuds In Business

Reminds me of when Herbert Haft fought his wife and sons over the Dart Group, a Washington company.

when my ol'man was dying he wanted me to come in with my brother to take over his engineering firm. but my brother was already working there (i worked there in my earlier years). my brother had a wife who at the time was a big time spender and he was raising three kids. my job didn't pay all that much but it was good enough for my lifestyle and so i declined the ol'man's repeated offers.

at the time my brother and i were not the best of friends and for most of our lives we were not friends at all. i always wanted a big brother but for some reason he could not be that for me. but at the time of the offering, my brother seemed to be maturing into a better person. i didn't want us fighting with each other all day long. so after the ol'man died my brother kept the company where my mom also worked. after years of running his own business and raising his own family my brother has turned into a really nice person.

so while he wound up with much more money than me, i finally wound up with a brother.

Back
Top Bottom