SteveR's Big Day

I suspect that the last day will be tomorrow (Friday) which will be the end of the work-week.

SteveR may or may not take the time to post here for a few days depending on what they have scheduled for him on his last day. Therefore the conclusion and post-FIRE analysis may be delayed somewhat.

These cliffhangers really lock you in don't they ?

Masterblaster said:
These cliffhangers really lock you in don't they ?

Maybe we should all take a shot at predicting what happens on his last day.

I think Steve will call in sick and not show up tomorrow. :)

Maybe SteveR will have a watershed moment and decide that since everyone has been so nice to him at work lately that he will not retire after all ! How could he leave "The Family" after all that love ;)

What do you think the chances of that are ?

I think the chances of calling in sick are much better. Hey - that's actually a good idea really.

My vote is he will appear and eat the "free lunch" paid for by him over the years. Most folks who had the work ethic to get to ER do not want to burn the bridges... A little singe is ok though!

Here's a congrats - for whenever he gets back to the forum.

heh heh heh - :)

unclemick2 said:
Here's a congrats - for whenever he gets back to the forum.
Anybody notice that Leonidas disappeared from this forum on his retirement date?

SteveR, please file that check report!

Congratulations. I hope that they didn't get him to write one more memo.

I retired 6 weeks ago but was asked to come back for one more board meeting this morning. Bummer, messed up my regular Friday tee time. :(

Congrats Steve!

bssc said:
Congratulations. I hope that they didn't get him to write one more memo.

To: Megacorp_all @ megacorp.com
Fr: SteveR

Subj: F you, I quit

:LOL:

Congrats SteveR! I see you've already changed the tag line to your Icon to say "I'm FIREd"!

Audrey

WoW....what an outpouring of positive vibes...I really appreciate it.

My boss was here all day yesterday and kept me here until after 6PM last night. :mad:

He is gone today and my "exit" interview is scheduled in a couple of hours. I am erasing the final group of files from the PC and deleting emails. The boxes are loaded on the cart and are ready to move to the car.

As Audrey1 noted: I have changed my tag line and also my avatar. The little guy is now sporting a smile, has a new shirt (ER) and has had the corporate screw removed. He is a happy camper now.

More to follow...........

You should have told the boss..."I think i'm heading out at 4:00...but you go ahead and stick around..."

Whadda they gonna do? Fire you?

DOG52 said:
I retired 6 weeks ago but was asked to come back for one more board meeting this morning.
I'm sure the following line of dialogue appeared at least once on "Wayne's World":

"Sucker!!"

Congratulations, SteveR!

It's great to see that screw removed from your back :)

Nords said:
I'm sure the following line of dialogue appeared at least once on "Wayne's World":

"Sucker!!"

Not really, I still have one more bonus check to look forward to next March. :)

SteveR said:
The little guy is now sporting a smile, has a new shirt (ER) and has had the corporate screw removed. He is a happy camper now.

That sounds pretty cool!

MB

crazy connie said:
My vote is he will appear and eat the "free lunch" paid for by him over the years. Most folks who had the work ethic to get to ER do not want to burn the bridges... A little singe is ok though!

I skipped the "free lunch".....I walked out 2 days before it was to take place....and I "torched" my bridges when I tossed my keys on the boss's desk that day, and said "C-YA!" I had a great w*rk ethic, but finally got to the point that I just didn't give a rat's *ss about the place! No Regrets! :D

SteveR said:
As Audrey1 noted: I have changed my tag line and also my avatar. The little guy is now sporting a smile, has a new shirt (ER) and has had the corporate screw removed. He is a happy camper now.
Great avatar. He definitely looks much happier.

Back
Top Bottom