Sad but (not) ironic...

Heresy, but the story sure looks like he died doing what he loved.

I'll sell the company over my dead body.

Probably not the quote I would have selected for the article. :p

"Hendricks had a net worth of $3.5 billion in September, according to Forbes magazine...

Hendricks, the son of a Janesville roofer, worked side-by-side with his father growing up. A high school dropout, he started his own roofing business at age 21, according to his biography on ABC Supply's Web site."

Guess this guy was and exception to the "I bet most millionaires inherited their wealth" statement on the "Is ER a perculiarly America concept" thread...:cool:

how many non-billionaires die from falls who never have articles written about them?

You mean....*sniff*... when I die, it .... um, won't be all over the news? :confused:

Have you guys thought about what your obit might say?

"Joe ER died today after slacking off for over 50 years...." :)

Have you guys thought about what your obit might say?

"Joe ER died today after slacking off for over 50 years...." :)

Hmmm...that sounds a little selfish to me. ;)

I think mine might sound a little more like this:

"REW enjoyed 25 years of retirement, spending time with his extended family and his hobbies. Sadly, he was retired for 30 years but as he knew, nothing is perfect." :-\

I wonder if posting on an anonymous internet forum will ever be as respectable as, say, stand-up commedy.

"REW entertained thousands daily with his trademark deadpan delivery." :)

I wonder if posting on an anonymous internet forum will ever be as respectable as, say, stand-up commedy.

"REW entertained thousands daily with his trademark deadpan delivery." :)

It already is, in my opinion, but then it's hard to think of anything less respectable than stand-up comedy in my opinion.

This will be The Fed someday. Not falling off the roof, but making it big. Be careful out there!

Seven kids too.

This is why I try not to do stupid things. I would hate to die and not to have enjoyed life spent as much money as I could.

This should inspire others to live life now!

This should inspire others to live life now!

It inspires me to hire a contractor when I need roof work done.

mistakes.jpg

It inspires me to hire a contractor when I need roof work done.

mistakes.jpg

No Chit! My shoulder surgery i trace right back to having the paper go out from under me as i was holding a nail gun on a 10/12 pitch roof on our last house - threw that arm, with gun and air hose, up and forward to catch <something> and all was not good thereafter. Hate doing stupid stuff, which i usually discover shortly after one of those "i can do this" moments. I can do it, it's just that it costs too much in pain vs. cash. I pay for roofing now and don't mind it a bit.

ok then, lets do comparative google searches.

roofing billionaire: 111 google entries nationwide
evaldo guedes: 1 google entry
the pearl city guy: didn't even get named so why even bother googling
joshua reich: 4 entries all from the same town
the arlington man: just an injury but no name.
paula gade balubalu you ask? google doesn't even pick up on the original article.

i stand by the proposed spirit of my original contention.

Back
Top Bottom