Wow, This Retirement Stuff Works

loosehead

Dryer sheet wannabe
Over the years I have read numerous posts herein describing the positive benefits to one's health during retirement. After 4 months in, damn if I'm not seeing some pretty positive changes.

These would include losing ~ 20 pounds, reducing dosage on two meds and eliminating one completely, blood pressure dropping to 120/70, and last but not least, waking up with a smile on my face every morning. I'm not yet where I want to be, but I'm heading in the right direction of that total health continuum.

Amazing what more time and less stress can do for one!

Over the years I have read numerous posts herein describing the positive benefits to one's health during retirement. After 4 months in, damn if I'm not seeing some pretty positive changes.

Congratulations on the positive changes. :D

You are navigating retirement in the right way in my opinion. In the 4 months after I first retired I too dropped 25 pounds, dropped my BP, trigycerides, cholestorol, and bad attitude! I started going to 24Hour Fitness 3 days a week and have kept up that routine for going on 8 years now.

It only gets even better the farther you get into it. When have trouble remembering what day of the week it is, you will know you are really *retired*.

Enjoy!

Forgot to say, even eight years out from pulling the FIRE trigger, sometimes I still feel that delicious sense of exhiliration. Like I can't quite believe it, but I know it's true, and it's wonderful. :D

These would include losing ~ 20 pounds, reducing dosage on two meds and eliminating one completely, blood pressure dropping to 120/70, and last but not least, waking up with a smile on my face every morning. I'm not yet where I want to be, but I'm heading in the right direction of that total health continuum.

Amazing what more time and less stress can do for one!

Welcome to your new life. :D

It only gets even better the farther you get into it. When have trouble remembering what day of the week it is, you will know you are really *retired*.

Heck, you don't have to be retired for that -- just join a company that expects you to be working 24/7! You'll have trouble remembering your NAME, after a while. ;-)

Seriously, congRATulations on the new lease on life. Hope to join you someday soon!

Congratulations on your improvement! Last year my cholesterol was a little high. I'll have 4 months in retirement in a couple of months. Maybe have it rechecked at the end of March.

congrats. You now have experienced an added benefit to retirement that will actually help you prolong your state of bliss. Welcome to the club.

Very cool!!

Of course now you will probably live longer due to your better health, so don't forget to adjust your life expectancy in firecalc:D

"Very cool!!

Of course now you will probably live longer due to your better health, so don't forget to adjust your life expectancy in firecalc:D"

I appreciate your optimism! I used 30 years originally and believe that will still hold, albeit at a higher quality of life. Not a bad deal, actually!

crap. DH and I are going in the wrong direction and putting on the weight. We keep baking and drinking what we lovingly call liquid gold (pepsi). It's only been 3 weeks. We're 40 and this is supposed to be our decade of health. Better get more disciplined. Oops, gotta go the Vampire is coming on :)

I appreciate your optimism! I used 30 years originally and believe that will still hold, albeit at a higher quality of life. Not a bad deal, actually!

It all sounds wonderful, I look forward to it went it comes. Do you mind me asking how old you are

Back
Top Bottom