Clintons and Bush the divison of the country.

dumpster56

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Boy I just was thinking how fantastic it would be for the country IF Hillary decided after losing all the primaries last night to Obama she would say boom I am out of the race. We would in one move be done with the Bush Clinton division that is in my mind screwing up this country. I mean we have had 20 years of those families in power and what do we have to show for it today.

Boy I just was thinking how fantastic it would be for the country IF Hillary decided after losing all the primaries last night to Obama she would say boom I am out of the race. We would in one move be done with the Bush Clinton division that is in my mind screwing up this country. I mean we have had 20 years of those families in power and what do we have to show for it today.

On the war in Iraq... once the new president is made aware of the sobering reality of the overall picture... the new president will know full well that we cannot cut and run. It is unfortunate but true; we opened up that can of worms and we will be in Iraq for some time.

Neither party seems to be overly concerned about the well being of the solid middle class or affluent middle class. They assume we must be content. The parties are concerned mainly about catering to the wealthy or poor or borderline poor. Sure they get a little nervous if a recession is looming, but other than that, what has any of them done for the MC lately?

McCain and Clinton are somewhat transparent in the sense that we have a basic understanding of their past which is likely to form their future decisions. I am unclear about Obama. He is a question mark.

What do you think Obama is going to do for the country and for the MC?

I believe all three front-running candidates represent a throw the bums out vote. Personally, I could vote for any of them. But, I have no illusions that things are going to change in any meaningful way. It would take both a new (independent minded) president and voting out half of congress to shift directions in a big way.

One interesting thought about Obama. Since he is Muslim (or was at least raised and schooled in that faith), he could possibly show the middle east that Americans are not anti-Muslim. However, the hard-line fundamentalist Muslims in the middle-east will probably view him and a heretic and infidel (brainwashed by the west).

One aspect that electing a "family member" points out is that some people still believe in some aspect of the divine rights of kings - that if you liked one member of the family the other members will be the same.

I would add the Kennedys to the Clinton/Bush list of people we would do better without.

I still don't understand how this thing works.

CNN has Clinton ahead based on # of superdelegates: Election Center 2008: Delegate Scorecard - Elections & Politics news from CNN.com

MSNBC has Obama ahead and is showing that no superdelegates yet: National overview - 2008 Primary Results - MSNBC.com

And, neither of them show the same number of pledged delegates. I suppose it's easy to see... look at Alabama, CNN has Obama winning the state but getting 21 delegates to Clinton's 23 while MSNBC has Obama with 25 to Clinton's 23.

One interesting thought about Obama. Since he is Muslim (or was at least raised and schooled in that faith), he could possibly show the middle east that Americans are not anti-Muslim. However, the hard-line fundamentalist Muslims in the middle-east will probably view him and a heretic and infidel (brainwashed by the west).

Obama is not a Muslim. Since the 1980's , he has been a member of the United Church of Christ, also known as "Congregationalist", which is a mainstream Protestant denomination. Most would describe his upbringing as non-sectarian. He went to a public school in Jakarta that could only be called Muslim by virtue of the fact that the vast majority of students were Muslim. By that token, all schools in America are Christian schools. He also went to a specifically Catholic school in Jakarta.

Here is the link to Snopes.com Urban Legends Reference Pages: Who Is Barack Obama?

Obama is not a Muslim. Since the 1980's , he has been a member of the United Church of Christ, also known as "Congregationalist", which is a mainstream Protestant denomination. Most would describe his upbringing as non-sectarian. He went to a public school in Jakarta that could only be called Muslim by virtue of the fact that the vast majority of students were Muslim. By that token, all schools in America are Christian schools. He also went to a specifically Catholic school in Jakarta.

Here is the link to Snopes.com Urban Legends Reference Pages: Who Is Barack Obama?

I guess the misinformation is effective... it sticks. Thanks for the correction.

Back
Top Bottom