I'm a cheap date!

simple girl

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Site Team
So DH is on business a lot lately, and we decided it would be worth it for me to drive 2 hours to join him where he is working. We went out for "dinner" tonight (ok, I'll admit it, on the company dime). We had appetizers (1/2 price at happy hour) and drinks (well-drinks were a dollar off), to keep it reasonable. Since I have been dieting (see Wednesday weigh-in posts), the appetizers were a treat and plenty of food! AND, since I now weigh about 10# less, the drinks went straight to my head! Thus, the comment from DH that I am a cheap date...LOL:D

We are now enjoying sitting by the pool at the hotel having a few more cocktails. Just a little note to say, we are having fun despite not being FIRED yet! It is fun practicing for "the day"!

Just back from a night out at the country club. I had some unused food allowance so I blew it out. Had a nice fillet, baked potato, and salad. A few brews to wash it all down. Almost felt like it was free as it was a use it or lose it situation.

Kind of feel like a solo cheap date. :-\

Just back from a night out at the country club. I had some unused food allowance so I blew it out. Had a nice fillet, baked potato, and salad. A few brews to wash it all down. Almost felt like it was free as it was a use it or lose it situation.

Kind of feel like a solo cheap date. :-\

Oh.. I thought your avatar was your golfing partner..

Eh, if I were dreaming whacking a little white ball with a stick and then looking for it wouldnt be my #1 priority...

Frank just took me out to dinner at a more expensive restaurant than usual. It was great, the atmosphere was wonderful, and I ordered the chicken piccata, and with the salad and French bread it was more than I could eat. Gosh, it was good, though. So anyway, I came home with a box full of great food. Guess I wasn't a cheap date this time. :p

There, NML, back on topic? :2funny:

We had appetizers (1/2 price at happy hour) and drinks (well-drinks were a dollar off), to keep it reasonable. Since I have been dieting (see Wednesday weigh-in posts), the appetizers were a treat and plenty of food!

We have gotten into the habit of going out for appetizers and drinks on Fridays . It's fun and not too much food . Plus we always meet someone fun to talk to . It's TGIF except for me every day is Friday .

Frank just took me out to dinner at a more expensive restaurant than usual. It was great, the atmosphere was wonderful, and I ordered the chicken piccata, and with the salad and French bread it was more than I could eat. Gosh, it was good, though. So anyway, I came home with a box full of great food. Guess I wasn't a cheap date this time. :p

Guys are making me hungry. Dinner is still cooking. :p

My EX left partly because I was too cheap.

LOL, I'm speechless!

Tee-hee...part of me knew this thread would get off-track based on the title, part of me didn't care!

OK, it just took me twice as long to type the above due to my inebriation...WOW....I checked spell check, and I speelled that correcftly the first ime! LOl

hee-hee
:2funny::2funny::2funny:

Careful, W2R! You are slipping! You must work hard to maintain your frugal reputation, inheritance notwithstanding!

:D

I've found the cheapest lunch snack in town. I just go over to Sam's Club and taste all their free samples of everything from hot pizza to pretzels. Some of it isn't too bad either, and the price is always just right...free!

I've found the cheapest lunch snack in town. I just go over to Sam's Club and taste all their free samples of everything from hot pizza to pretzels. Some of it isn't too bad either, and the price is always just right...free!

It's even cheaper if you don't belong . Just walk in and start eating !

Back
Top Bottom