Help: I need ideas on what words to engrave......

FinanceDude

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
My BIL is getting his bachelor's degree this weekend. DW picked out a nice clock, and there's a place for engraving.

We can't think of anything witty to engrave. He's 40 years old, and all the traditional engraving ideas I have seen are for a 20- something year old.

Any ideas would be mucho appreciated!!

"Better late than never..."

or, we get too soon old and too late smart. (seen normally as, "ve get too soon oldt, undt too late schmart", in schmaltzy Pennsylvania Dutch script.)

"Better to be a 40 year-old graduate than a 40 year-old virgin"

Something with PERSISTENCE

Persistence Always Wins------- or just Persistence

Got a clock, huh? How about "IT'S ABOUT TIME!" By the way, if you pick one of our ideas, will there be a prize? :cool:

Last edited:
Go to One share .com they have some suggestions for engravings for different events .

Carpe diem

I need to go back to school so I can understand what everyone is saying! :duh:

I am not what I once was.

But I'll bet you're still a bunny with a pancake on his head. :D

Time and tide wait for no man.

"It is never too late to be who you might have been."--George Eliot

Something with PERSISTENCE

Persistence Always Wins------- or just Persistence

Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.

-Calvin Coolidge

Big hand = Hours
Little hand = Minutes

now that you have an ekudashun, you can afford a clock with numbers instead of telling time the old fashioned way.

there's a large manufacturing building near i-95 here and on the side of the building it says "bags on time".

i have no idea what that means but feel free to use it.

Back
Top Bottom