computer/network info needed

Khan

Gone but not forgotten
I want to buy something, but I don't know what it is called:

A USB wireless network receiver for an XP desktop (Linksys 2.4 router).

What should I look for when shopping, and do they have it at BestBuy or Radio Shack(physically close) or what is a good online score for such?

Thanks

(It is frustrating to know that things exist, but I can't shop for them if I don't know what they are called.)

Hey Kahn

Ron is right on with the selection of wireless network adapters.

These adapters are basic devices that are handy to have - I typically have a couple in the car when we go see the grandkids because something is always going wrong with their computers. I buy them when I see them under $10 - check local store ads at Fatwallet or Bens Bargains - no good deals now at Frys, BestBuy or Staples. MicroCenter (in Sharonville) has a TRENDnet USB Network Adapter currently for $7.99 (their ID TEW-424UB) after rebate.

Usually (unless your desktop is a little older) the desktop's motherboard already has a built-in network card so that you only need to plug in the network cable supplied with your router. Typically, the network cable connects to the back of the computer with a connecter that looks like a domestic phone connecter only a little bigger.

JohnP ( just down the road off I675)

Back
Top Bottom