Another baseball question

AzDreamer

Recycles dryer sheets
What's the minimum number of pitches needed to retire 27 batters and win a game?

81? 9 innings times 3 players times 3 strike each or is this a trick question?

I was not thinking or reading too clearly - I thought strikes since OP said "retire" players.

Of course, to be at bit absurd, it could be 0 if the other team forfeits for some reason.

Last edited:
Well 27 batters and say you let them hit the first pitch and fly out to center field each time. That would be 27 pitches.

In general, I would say 27 if you get every one of them to hit into an out. There are probably some ways to get out without seeing a pitch... I know in high school you can be called out if you remove your helmet while on the field on offense.

theHundt is on the right track. You will be called out if you come to the plate out of order, so you can get 27 outs without throwing any pitches.

Here's an odd perfect game...in spring training 2000 the Red Sox used 6 pitchers to retire all 27 Toronto Bue Jays.

My favorite perfect game is Oakland's Catfish Hunter's in 1968 4-0 against the Twins before 6,300 fans...11 strikeouts...he also batted 3 for 4 with a double & 3 RBIs...except for Catfish & the catcher, most of the rest of A's tried to stay awake...

Back
Top Bottom