Washington Mutual

Don't know....thought that someone should take the middle road :angel:

At under $4, it sure does make your knees weak, huh?

Could God himself create a stock so crappy that even He himself would suffer a negative return (on an annualized basis, of course)?

I'd like to see what god is holding these days. BRK maybe?? Of course ole' Buffett doesn't place any stock in God, so why would God place any stock in Buffett's stock?

Could God create an investor so great (like Buffett) that not even He himself could outperform him?

It's difficult to short stocks under $5, so I bought some cheap August puts instead. When the short restriction [for Fed borrowing banks] lifts on the 12th, the financials will tumble and take WAMU down even lower. That's the bet, anyway. I also have some Wachovia Sept puts.

For the sake of my community I hope not. I would rather see the stock sit at $2.00 for a year than see it closed. It is all up to the FDIC, possibly tomorrow.

It's difficult to short stocks under $5, so I bought some cheap August puts instead. When the short restriction [for Fed borrowing banks] lifts on the 12th, the financials will tumble and take WAMU down even lower. That's the bet, anyway. I also have some Wachovia Sept puts.

Ok, this didn't work as planned. :) I lost heavy on the WM puts. I'm somewhat down on the WB Sep puts but I'm holding.

Kinda off-topic, but what, if any, is the relationship between this
company and the mutual fund called Washington Mutual Investors
Fund, from the American Funds group (AWSHX) ?

Finance-naive buddy was freaking because DW's 401K had bunches
of money in that fund, and I explained it's completely unrelated.

Wanted to make sure I gave good info ... Thanks !

Kinda off-topic, but what, if any, is the relationship between this
company and the mutual fund called Washington Mutual Investors
Fund, from the American Funds group (AWSHX) ?

Finance-naive buddy was freaking because DW's 401K had bunches
of money in that fund, and I explained it's completely unrelated.

Wanted to make sure I gave good info ... Thanks !

Not related at all.....well, perhaps they are a third cousin once removed.:)

Back
Top Bottom