Did you feel the SF Earhtquake

honobob

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Just about 9:00 pm I felt the strongest jolt I have in over 25 years here in the Bay area. Just a jolt though and not the scary 15-30 second roll that causes most damage. The news says it's in the East Bay. Don't they say earthquakes happen more in hot weather? We're having record temperatures.

The news just said 4.1. Did you feel it?

In other news, CuppaJoe of San Francisco is announced as a new ER moderator. uuummmm

I didn't feel anything. I'm in the south bay.

Yup. I was sitting on the top of my stairs and turned over. Suddenly I heard this plastic sheet I have on the railings rattle - it's there to prevent infants/toddlers from falling the railing. Because I turned over, I thought my hand hit it, but right then my husband yelled, "earthquake." Being born in SF and having gone through so many, I just sat there... yeah, not quite the right thing to do, but it didn't feel that strong... it did feel like 15 seconds though.

When the sky turns that orange color, I generally will announce, "earthquake opportunity." I remember doing that yesterday but didn't pay attention today.

I thought it was a good 15 seconds, too. Interesting what you say about the sky, Retiringby50, SO and I were at a Giants game and I tried to photograph that sky, one pix has a pink section in the middle and blue above and below. A guy sitting next to me said, "earthquake" and we all noticed it then; I kept saying, "it's still going on, it hasn't stopped yet." He said he had taken a tour of the stadium, it's designed in eight sections, we could see a seam near us going right up through the seats, apparently each section can move separately and if one collapses the others may not. The 11:00 news showed the camera shaking at the ballpark but it wasn't announced and the game wasn't stopped.

The Pirates had three whole innings where they didn't score at all!

What you all thought was an "earthquake" was actually a planned diversionary tactic for the CuppaJoe kidnapping as a moderator. I'm surprised CuppaJoe even remembers it.

What you all thought was an "earthquake" was actually a planned diversionary tactic for the CuppaJoe kidnapping as a moderator. I'm surprised CuppaJoe even remembers it.
-
It's recorded in my digital camera diary. Where is that erase button? My former co-worker's comment was, "it must be easy to get tickets now." Yeah and should be getting easier as the season flushes away. Any Pirates fans out there?, good game. Mercifully, it's not the only game in town; we all need a break from the soapbox.

Back
Top Bottom