Golden Corral Military Appreciation Day 2008

OAG

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
To all you military veterans (from retirees to anyone that served in the military). I thought if they had it this year it would be tomorrow 11/11 but this year it is 11/17 - Next Monday.

Military :: Golden Corral

Applebees is doing something similar tomorrow. Maybe I'll swing in for a free steak.

Home Depot has 10% off for Active Duty, Reservists, Retirees, and Veterans.

I was in today & so stopped at the Service Desk and asked them what do I have to bring to get the veterans discount & and they said I needed to show my "military card". I told them I didn't have a "military card" as I'm not currently AD, Reserve, or Retired - just a regular old honorably dischaged veteran. At first they said no, so I pointed to the sign & sale sheet & asked why it said "Active Duty, Reservists, Retirees, and Veterans" if the sale didn't apply to all honorably discharged veterans on Veterans Day.

They didn't seem to know what to do and called a manager. I asked them if I could just bring a copy of my DD-214 - they didn't seem to know what that was and neither did the manager. They finally decided I could just bring in anything that showed I was in the military & they would accept it. It was quite humorous how they were all in a tizzy about it.

I may go back & buy some wood flooring tomorrow - gotta check w/Lowes first though.

I was in today & so stopped at the Service Desk and asked them what do I have to bring to get the veterans discount & and they said I needed to show my "military card". I told them I didn't have a "military card" as I'm not currently AD, Reserve, or Retired - just a regular old honorably dischaged veteran. At first they said no, so I pointed to the sign & sale sheet & asked why it said "Active Duty, Reservists, Retirees, and Veterans" if the sale didn't apply to all honorably discharged veterans on Veterans Day.

They didn't seem to know what to do and called a manager. I asked them if I could just bring a copy of my DD-214 - they didn't seem to know what that was and neither did the manager. They finally decided I could just bring in anything that showed I was in the military & they would accept it. It was quite humorous how they were all in a tizzy about it.

I may go back & buy some wood flooring tomorrow - gotta check w/Lowes first though.

Got your old Dog Tags? They probably would not know what they are either.

Bought the flooring at HD today - 12 months no-interest no-payments - & got $200 off for the 10% veteran discount (there's a cap) - didn't have to show any kind of proof of military service.

I could have paid cash, but if they're offering to loan me the money for free for year - well, why should I. :D

FYI - if you're buying a lot at HD/Lowe's - you can always ask the mgr for 10% off. Maybe $400-500+ in purchases to qualify. Especially now - they are hurting for business.

I bought a snowblower at HD yesterday, & got the 10% ($62) discount. I'm still a reservist, so I have a card. :cool:

Back
Top Bottom