The last nice day of Autumn??

FUEGO

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
This weekend was probably the last nice weather we will have till Spring here in the South. Autumn is slowly coming to an end, and we were taking advantage of some sunny weather in the 70's. The kids got an early Christmas present and I wanted to make sure they could play with it. Here are some pics to enjoy!

Attachments

• IMG_1661.jpg
    IMG_1661.jpg
    640.5 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_1681.jpg
    IMG_1681.jpg
    670.2 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_1693.jpg
    IMG_1693.jpg
    587 KB · Views: 3
more

Attachments

• IMG_1698.jpg
    IMG_1698.jpg
    472 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_1695.jpg
    IMG_1695.jpg
    990.9 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_1680.jpg
    IMG_1680.jpg
    1,018.8 KB · Views: 3
(those things to the left of the grasshopper are dried Canadian goose poop)

Attachments

• IMG_1667.jpg
    IMG_1667.jpg
    562.4 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_1673.jpg
    IMG_1673.jpg
    458.7 KB · Views: 2
Helmet. $10 at Walmart. No excuses.

I wonder how we all survived childhood? No such thing as bike helmets back then. BTW, nice pics. Getting cool here too. High's mostly in the upper 50's next week. That's January weather for us. :(

Yeah, let's play. Fuego, your kids have it all, swings, a cat, wheels.

Unseasonably warm here too, 70s, should stay warm another week.:cool:

Getting cool here too. High's mostly in the upper 50's next week. That's January weather for us. :(
The highs here the last few days have been around 43......and for the next week they're supposed to be upper-30's to lower-40's! But, hey.....Springs getting closer everyday!!! :D

And yes, FUEGO, nice pix!! Especially liked the goose poop & 'hopper! I assume you were shooting the 'hopper, and the poo just happened to be there....or was it intentionally made part of the composition? (Wait...maybe I don't want to hear it. :D)

Helmet. $10 at Walmart. No excuses.

Those things only go ~3 mph. If you are going to make them wear a helmet for that, they should have one on for walking around too. Like those little old ladies who wear the football helmets.

Wow...such beautiful children. :) Thanks for sharing.

The high temps around here have ranged from 84 to 56 degrees...yeah, I live in TX. :angel:

Thanks for the nice comments.

Re: helmet - yep this "bike" tops out at 2.5 mph. Closer to 0.5-1 mph on the grass (traction is less and more rolling friction from soft ground). Undoubtedly the helmet would slightly reduce risk of injury and severity of injury, but not by much. I don't make them wear a helmet when walking, riding the swing, or sliding on the slide. Or crossing the street or riding in the car. Sometimes you have to let kids be kids, IMHO.

Looks like highs in the 40's and 50's the rest of the week, lows in the 20's and low 30's. Brrrr... Better get out my coat! ;)

Update: Glad I took advantage of the nice weather this past weekend. The first snow of the year just started falling. :)

It was cool around Apalachicola during the weekend.
Expecially at 30 mph in an open boat on the river.

I'm jealous.

The truck had ice on it at 11:00 pm when I got off work, and today I saw more snow flurries.

Break out the sleds!

I'm jealous.

The truck had ice on it at 11:00 pm when I got off work, and today I saw more snow flurries.

Break out the sleds!

Hey, don't be jealous. We had snow flurries yesterday. It is officially COLD here, too.

I'm just waiting for December to roll around so we can defrost for a week in the Caribbean and Florida!

It is officially cold in Charlotte also. Nice pics. Is that goose poop or did the cat poop when it's tail got pulled?

OK, 18 posts, and now it's time for ClifP & me to take our turns.

We shut our stairwell window most of the way last night-- only an inch of tradewind cooling upstairs.

It got so cold that we put the Vellux blanket on the bed. (Tonight we might actually have to use it.) And I'm typing this wearing a short-sleeved t-shirt instead of a tank top.

We can tell that it's winter because it's rained four of the last five days, and they're predicting some flash flooding this weekend.

Back
Top Bottom