Time & date

Khan

Gone but not forgotten
The time on my posts is an hour off. Does the software recognize the 'new' DST rules
--------------------
post says 06:23 PM
actual time is 07:23 PM

I have the correct time zone entered

Last edited:
Test
Yes

Still that one hour difference

Last edited:
the olsen data on the server could be behind the times. a "zdump -v /usr/share/zoneinfo/<Khan's Selected Zone>" would let us know.

I've been ignoring this fascinating thread. Khan's time zone looks right to me. Shows up here as 4:23 which is 7:23 EDT.

testing testing testing: 1:01AM time to getta life.;)

Using "UseCP" and then the settings tab can you not enter your time zone (about half way down the page) and/or adjust it to be correct in your postings?

I automatically detest DST. It is now 9:23 PM.

Test
Moved back to Eastern time zone
4:32PM

Says 3:32PM

You may want to check your computer clock. Mine reset to DST today (I had to manually set it back one hour), even though we went on DST several weeks ago (I had to set it forward manually then). I guess there is an algorithm in the bios programmed to the old change date, which used to be the first Sunday in April.

You may want to check your computer clock. Mine reset to DST today (I had to manually set it back one hour), even though we went on DST several weeks ago (I had to set it forward manually then). I guess there is an algorithm in the bios programmed to the old change date, which used to be the first Sunday in April.

Depending on old (or new) your computer is there usually is a BIOS setting (F12 on boot up usually) that can set DST to start and end correctly and automatically. You may have to update your BIOS also.

Also, if you are running Vista you can doubl click on the time in your "tray" and it should bring up the windows time setting applet where you can change the timezone and/or clock time.

For some magic reason my Magellan GPS wanted to reset to EST when I turned it on Apr 1. Since it was already on correct time just pushed the no button.

Maybe the pols should do a way with time changes. With all the clocks around the house I can waste an hour re setting them.

This is a test
6:45 PM
-----------------------
fixed

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom