What type of bug is this?

bright eyed

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Found this one in the house today, haven't seen one like this before. It was about 3/4 to one inch long. The body is fuzzy and soft looking like a bumble bee or spider?

Has two sets of fang like things coming out of it's face...

Attachments

• bug 5-25-09.jpg
    bug 5-25-09.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 17
That's just about the look I had on my face when I saw it bbbam! Those two arms in the front were raised and looked like it was ready to take me on. Then it made a bee line straight back to the house while I was trying to snap it's picture in the backyard. This bug has an agenda! Hope it doesn't have babies...

Just capture it and send to Andrew Zimmern. He will tell you ...

what it tastes like! :D

Hey, bbbamI is no gutsy woman as she claimed!

PS. I take that back.

bbbamI has proven to be wimpy, but might still be a wimpy guy wearing ruby red lips for what we know, due to lack of preponderent evidences. For people who are lost, search forum for "wimpy" or "ruby red" to stay informed.

Probably just one of those ones that lays eggs inside its host and the babies devour it. Harmless...probably

At first glance, I thought it was a wasp. But, I can't tell if it has wings.

Hey, bbbamI is no gutsy woman as she claimed!

PS. I take that back.

bbbamI is wimpy, but might still be a wimpy guy wearing ruby red lips. For people who are lost, search forum for "wimpy" or "ruby red" to stay informed.
It's a slow night, isn't it? :LOL:

I was sure one of the smarty pants on here would identify it right away!

After a bit of googling, think this might be the sucker, and thought you'd appreciate the close up since my picture was so bad...

a Sun Spider?

The two things out front are big antenna's, not legs. From wiki: Solifugae are carnivorous or omnivorous, with most species feeding on termites, darkling beetles, and other small arthropods, although Solifugae have been videotaped consuming larger prey such as lizards. Prey is located with the pedipalps and killed and cut into pieces by the chelicerae. The prey is then liquefied and the liquid ingested through the pharynx. Although they do not normally attack humans, these chelicerae can penetrate human skin, and painful bites have been reported...

Leaping lizards!

Attachments

• SunSpider.jpg
    SunSpider.jpg
    383 KB · Views: 2
yup,
sun spider...saw one last year for the first time...and they usually come inside about this time of year.

Scorpion family...not dangerous, just big, and scary looking.
O0
devo

That picture is making my skin crawl....:blink:
It's critters like this that make me glad it's too cold up here for things like that to survive.
We have spiders but nothing that creepy. :nonono:

:prey is located with the pedipalps and killed and cut into pieces by the chelicerae. The prey is then liquefied and the liquid ingested through the pharynx.

Sounds like someone I used to know. You think it is kind of fun during the pedipalp phase-then slash/slash suck/slurp and you're over.

Ha

Ugg, still grosses me out! i was sitting next to it for a good hour or so folding laundry...i didn't notice/see it till i was done and the laundry was cleared! At least it didn't come out one morning, dressing my little ones...that would have been scary! those fangs in the front are freaky!

At my place, we call that a cat toy.

Here too:LOL:

Eddie is a particularly adept bug stalker...perhaps I should let him visit you!

Attachments

• P1010057.JPG
    P1010057.JPG
    437.1 KB · Views: 1
At my place, we call that a cat toy.
Our cute, fuzzy, cuddly little bunny rabbit will take on the local six-inch centipedes and turn them into three-inch centipedes.

Between the two of them the action is almost too fast to watch. By the time I show up with the spray can of insecticide all that's left is the cleanup.

Andrew Zimmern can drop a bug like this down his hatch way faster than our female forum members can say "Yeww".

Back
Top Bottom