National Get Outdoors Day

I believe Texas has opted out of "National Get Outdoors Day" and substituted their own in, say, February. Memorial Day is the unofficial start of "Cocoon Yourself in the Air Conditioned House Season" which lasts for at least four months.

Guess if I lived in Texas I would pass out walking by trees, if there are any trees in that desolate land. In-laws are leaving their mid-90s climate and heading to the Hill Country as we speak; family reunions in June and people still drive there.

Yikes. After the cold front that dropped some lightning, a few sprinkles and a tornado watch blew through here last night, the forecast high for today dropped from 101 to 99...
Time for the long johns....

Today is about perfect. Sixty-five right now and may get to 70. The sky is bright blue and the big Lake is still. Outside we go!

I'll get out today and buy groceries. :p Since it's windy, as usual, I can't wear a skirt because it would fly over my head.

I'll be on the lookout today for panting dogs.

Attachments

• images.jpeg
    images.jpeg
    3.7 KB · Views: 71
I believe Texas has opted out of "National Get Outdoors Day" and substituted their own in, say, February. Memorial Day is the unofficial start of "Cocoon Yourself in the Air Conditioned House Season" which lasts for at least four months.

Florida has that same policy . You can go outside to jump in the pool or the gulf but otherwise it's inside with the AC going .

Hey! I live in Texas and had breakfast and lunch out on the deck. Had to have the fan on for lunch. Cool breeze off the lake helps. We will be able to do this well into July.

Its now a cloudy balmy 61 degrees with rain in the forecast. I'm going to work in the yard, followed by a graduation party, and then off to the local cruise night.

Good job in coordinating "get outdoors day" with the digital TV switchover. A TV showing snow instead of Deal or No Deal should help get the clueless outside.

Beautiful day here in western PA today. In the 70's and sunny. Scattered thunderstorms in some places possible. I didn't do much outdoors today as I was catching up on stuff around the house. Now tomorrow is a different story. My cousin and her old college roommate and I are touring 19 botanic gardens in the various suburbs of Pittsburgh. Good weather also promised. Part of the reason I rested up today. So I would have some energy left for the garden tour. I work for the government and am not used to too much moving around(ha,ha, veiled reference to another thread au courant in this forum about the undemanding nature of government jobs). Good thing I have Monday off for Flag Day to rest up again!

Felt a little under the weather, so I stayed indoors today. Slept on the couch for 3 hours. Not hungry at all.
However, dh2b took me for some soft ice cream to cheer me up. So I think that counts as outdoor activity, going from the house to the car to the ice cream place and back. :cool:

Back
Top Bottom