Euro CDs

DWPC

Dryer sheet wannabe
I believe that the US$ is going to get slammed hard and soon. I was surprised to find only one bank; Everbank in FL, advertising CDs in euros; almost non-existent interest but FDIC insured. Is anyone else looking for ways to hedge against a falling dollar other than metals?

I believe that the US$ is going to get slammed hard and soon. I was surprised to find only one bank; Everbank in FL, advertising CDs in euros; almost non-existent interest but FDIC insured. Is anyone else looking for ways to hedge against a falling dollar other than metals?

You have the tense wrong. The USD has been slammed hard already.

I suppose it may continue, but at this point there is a lot of weight on the sell dollar bandwagon and there might be a pretty good snapback.

ha

Thanks for linking. I searched on "euro" and that thread didn't come up. FDIC notwithstanding, I'm still a little leery of the banks; I think lots are still in deep doo-doo but the Fed has them on life support. We moved all our cash to a federal credit union.

I looked into Everbank but when I saw that it has a substantial mortgage business that I assume is largely in the FL market, plus their being essentially a local FL bank, I backed off. I was hoping to find European banks with US operations that sold euro CDs, but came up empty. I don't like currency ETFs (e.g. FTX) because of commissions.

I worked in Canada for a few years in 80s and Canadian banks offered accounts in many currencies. US banks act like the US$ is the only currency.

I personally keep my Euro deposits in a European Bank with no branch in the US. I can get access to more investment options (savings accounts, CDs, checking account with ATM card to easily access the money states-side, etc...), higher interest rates and still government protection for my deposits.

Commodities, TIPS and some Canadian banks will open accounts for US citizens. Currency diversification is offered by some.

Declining Dollar

Has anyone used MERKX or MABFX to protect against a declining dollar?

Back
Top Bottom