Education in the UK, any guidance? - Not Elderhostel or similar

dex

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Here is what I would like to do. Go to a college/university outside or inside London to take one (maybe two) course (history, astronomy?) for a semester. The time period would be a course starting this Jan/Feb or in the fall of next year.

I'm not really interested in the Elderhostel ideas yet.

Does anyone have any experience in doing this? Or can you point me in the right direction? I can find the catalogs for UK schools.

I've lived in London and know getting enough sunlight will be a challenge. I'm thinking I need something that will challenge my mind, afford me the opportunity to meet people, and a new environment. I will also be looking at schools in my area to see what they have to offer.

No experience here Dex. I did live in London for a number of years when I was young and love it still. In fact, I was born in England when my family was stationed there and later became a naturalized American citizen.

My only experience with the educational system there was with through my friends. I attended an American school serving military, government, and corporate families stationed in the UK.

I bring this up to share my love and familiarity with England, particularly London. This being said, I don't know I'd look to go there to seek educational opportunities and, perhaps, a new path and perspective on my life. Not that the schools aren't great there - I'm sure they are. I simply believe you may be just as likely to find the experience you're looking for much closer to home.

Alan is probably your best help on this one. Not sure how expensive the fees would be. If I had the choice I would probably aim for somewhere like Cambridge. It's a wonderful place to be, likes of bikes and bike paths.

Back
Top Bottom