Rechargeable Battery

Rustic23

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
I was on Woot.com and they have the Energizer XP8000 battery kit for $39.99.

Now here is my question. I have a similar device that takes AA batteries. I have four Eneloop AA batteries rated at "Tyep 2,000 mAh min 1,900 mAh"

I believe from reading that the Energizer unit is an 8,000 mAh unit. So if my present unit holds 4 of the AA batteries is it approximately the same thing? Or, is there some other item to look at. The Energizer unit will run a netbook for about 3 hours. It seems to me I would have a hard time getting 3 hours out of four AA batteries.

Those 4 AA's at 2000 mah each are at 1.5 volts (or 1.2 volts??). The Woot.com battery pack is 8000 mah at 5V (or so I have read). Or roughly 3.3x the electrical potential as the 4 AA's.

I just saw this deal too though. Interesting.

I was on Woot.com and they have the Energizer XP8000 battery kit for $39.99.

Now here is my question. I have a similar device that takes AA batteries. I have four Eneloop AA batteries rated at "Tyep 2,000 mAh min 1,900 mAh"

I believe from reading that the Energizer unit is an 8,000 mAh unit. So if my present unit holds 4 of the AA batteries is it approximately the same thing? Or, is there some other item to look at. The Energizer unit will run a netbook for about 3 hours. It seems to me I would have a hard time getting 3 hours out of four AA batteries.

you are forgetting volts
the Energizer is 8000mAh @ 5V
aa rechargeables are about 1.4 volts

Volts times amps equals watts

4 AAs in series give you 5-6 volts but still only 2000 mah (because it's in series
6 at max termiinal voltage but it drops to 5 after 2/3 use

so it takes 4 times that (roughly)
So its equivalent to about 16 AA batteries connected in a 4x4 matix

$40 seems like a lot. I didn't look up the charger specs, but if you are going to pay that much, why not get a well-recommended charger like the Maha or LaCrosse?

It's not a recharger. It is a rechargeable battery with all the connectors to run a netbook/laptop/cell phone/ipod/iphone/ipad etc. It provides approx. three additional hours of operation for a netbook.

While it looked neat, I already have one of these, with 12 eneloop AA batteries. My cell phone is just about the only thing I really need to power.

Amazon.com: Tekkeon TekCharge Mobile Power and Battery Charger: Cell Phones &…

I had forgotten the volt side of the equation, but I knew someone like Fuego would be around to remind me.

The topic of batteries and chargers were pounded into the ground in this thread.

I learned something, so that's why I remembered it.

-CC

Back
Top Bottom