Do You Have Facial Hair?- Poll

Do you have facial hair?

• I'm a man, and I currently do wear facial hair.

Votes: 51 40.8%
  • I'm a man, and I currently do not wear facial hair.

Votes: 50 40.0%
  • I'm a woman, and this is none of your#@*& business.

Votes: 24 19.2%

• Total voters

haha

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
I looked at the facebook pics of Forum/Facebook members, and I think I notice a large number of men with facial hair. So time for a poll. And please, if you forgot to shave this morning, or you usually shave before bed, but you consider yourself to be basically clean shaven, that is a no vote.

If you wear a short beard like many young men today, that is a yes. A soul patch, no matter how small, is a yes.

If you had a beard last month, now don't, but think that you may someday go back to having one- this too demands a no!

This is similar to those surveys that ask "have you had partner sex in the past month?" Provided that you are not a heavy drinker, very easy to cast your vote. :)

Ha

I was sorely tempted to choose #3 just for the hell of it.
While you're dealing with your temptation, I can sink to that level!

I have facial hair five days a week, and the shaving days help me keep track of what day of the week it is.

I voted no. My j*b requires production workers like me to wear a beard net if we have facial hair. They are very uncomfortable especially in the summer so I always shave on w*rk days. My days off I shave maybe half the time.

Over the years, I've had a beard a dozen times or so. The longest is currently - for the past (almost) 3 years.

Maybe a better poll question would be whether we color the facial hair or not (boy, that JUST FOR MEN stuff really works!)

I normally shave Mondays and Thursdays, so I usually have a little facial hair 5 days a week. Its getting grayer by the week.

I have facial hair every day - and shave it off every day. I really dislike shaving but have too do it daily.

Never had a beard. Had a moustache for a few years in the late 60s/early 70s. Never wanted one since.

I sometimes grow a beard in the winter but otherwise shave once or twice a week.

The hair on the top of my head grows out with a dark brown color (with very little grey) but my beard/mustache hair grows out mostly grey. So for vanity sake of not wanting to look 10 years older, I will not grow a beard/mustache. I'm always surprised at how many older men grow grey beards and mustaches when in reality they'd look alot younger without them. I guess some men look more distinguished with them but in my opinion grey beards/mustaches make them look older than they actually are.

Yup...gotta moustache & it goes down the sides of my mouth, and around/underneath my chin. I just started this a couple months ago. Shaved it off once, but it's back. I think I like it....

My mustache dates back to 1973, and my beard to 1975. My beard would be as old as my mustache, but I shaved it off for my first job after college.

Coach

The hair on the top of my head grows out with a dark brown color (with very little grey) but my beard/mustache hair grows out mostly grey. So for vanity sake of not wanting to look 10 years older, I will not grow a beard/mustache. I'm always surprised at how many older men grow grey beards and mustaches when in reality they'd look alot younger without them. I guess some men look more distinguished with them but in my opinion grey beards/mustaches make them look older than they actually are.

All perspective - When you start out blond like me and are inordinately vain your hair doesn't get grey or white - it just gets blonder and blonder. Currently moving well into platinum blond range. Mustache here. Not having one earned a burst of tears and comments about razor burn. A beard looked about as good on me as it does on Mel Gibson.

Soul patch? Think Frank Zappa.

Full mustache for the last 17 or 18 years. There's a very practical side to it.
Before, I typically got cold sores on my lip at least a couple of times a year. Very, very annoying.
Since growing the mustache, I get one about once a decade.

Very few can pull off the soul patch successfully! (Howie M can do it, though!) ;)

I had a VanDyke starting in my mid-twenties, till I shaved it off for a while when it frightened one of my kids in his infancy. Grew it back a few years later, and it is mostly silver grey but so is my hair, so no age sparing possible for me here. I do not like grey stubble, so I shave daily around the beard, and keep it pretty well trimmed too.

Ha

DH grows a full beard for his annual mountain climbing trip with the boys for warmth and at least in Guatemala, to make him look less gringo.
I prefer clean-shaven.

I used to have a beard quite often, but as I grew older, like my joints, my facial hair got very stiff, so that when I grew a beard I would look like a toilet brush. :nonono:

I started to shave late--age 18--and stayed "clean shaven" by shaving only once a week until I was 20. Now, at age 65, I usually shave every other day--mostly for my wife, because no one else notices if I miss a day. If I go more than two days, my kids notice the short, gray stubble. (I still have a full head of un-gray, blond hair.)

Is it a blessing or a curse to have a light beard? It seemed like a curse when all my 16-year-old friends were shaving and I wasn't, but now it seems more like a blessing because now that I'm FIRE'd, I really enjoy not worrying about shaving.

Had a beard in my late 20's / early thirties but nothing since then. Now that I'm over 50 I'm more concerned with my eyebrows, ear & nasal hair going ballistic. No wonder Andy Rooney threw in the towel!

Back
Top Bottom