Poll: Have You Ever Completely Changed Your Mind On A Forum Thread?

One more observation:

Often times, I will be planning something, and I ask my wife for her opinion/ideas on it. When I decide that my original idea is best, she will sometimes get a little miffed, and say "Why do you ask, you were just going to do what you wanted anyhow?".

But that's not true. The fact is, I usually take considerable time to think through my plan. So it really just makes sense that I usually go with my plan (which I probably changed myself 20 times in the process, weeding out the bad ideas).

If I changed my mind 50% of the time, that's probably a sign that I didn't think it through. But I still ask, because I do value her opinion, and occasionally, she sees something I totally overlooked. In a couple cases, she saved me a whole lot of time, effort, and money because I was just looking at it wrong from the get-go. So even if it were 1 time out of 100, that could make it worthwhile. We don't have to change our minds often to show that we are open-minded.

-ERD50

Sure, I have changed my mind on a thread. I have learned that Roth Ira's are not always the best retirement vehicle for savings. Roth's could be best, but they might not be depending on ones situation.

Back
Top Bottom