Dr Life's Book

eytonxav

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Got this as a birthday/father's day present from DW. Have just skimmed it, but it looks like a good read to me. Well balanced approach covering nutrition (includes diets/recipes); exercise (resistance training, cardio, flexibility/balance); hormone/supplements to optomize health and putting it all together. It also has his story of how he transformed himself late in life from a high risk out of shape fatty to quite a specimen, and is quite motiviational.

The Life Plan: How Any Man Can Achieve Lasting Health, Great Sex, and a Stronger, Leaner Body

Got this as a birthday/father's day present from DW. Have just skimmed it, but it looks like a good read to me. Well balanced approach covering nutrition (includes diets/recipes); exercise (resistance training, cardio, flexibility/balance); hormone/supplements to optomize health and putting it all together. It also has his story of how he transformed himself late in life from a high risk out of shape fatty to quite a specimen, and is quite motiviational.

The Life Plan: How Any Man Can Achieve Lasting Health, Great Sex, and a Stronger, Leaner Body
His picture is quite a good advertisement.

But how do you feel about getting this from your wife? :)

Ha

His picture is quite a good advertisement.

But how do you feel about getting this from your wife? :)

Ha

DW is always good at reading my mind:D

He looked better a few years ago:

JeffreyLifeAP_450x300.jpg

He looked better a few years ago:

JeffreyLifeAP_450x300.jpg
Al,

Be careful, he might hit you with a defamation lawsuit. As to me, I am some where between those two extremes, but would not feel bad looking like him at 72.

I happened to see this guy on CBS this morning. I came in part way to the story and I'm not sure if I have the story correct. What I believe I heard is this guy is shooting himself up with testosterone. That's nuts! If I am correct he needs to have his head examined not claim he has found the fountain of youth. Look at those before and after pictures, tell me this isn't going to cause serious health problems! Something like this says a lot about this guy's self confidence and his mindset regardless if he's using testosterone or not. JMO.

Look at those before and after pictures, tell me this isn't going to cause serious health problems!

I think he could go from the before to the after without any testosterone.

i have a friend who works through one of Dr. Life's centers and has had pretty good success in terms of health (improved #'s, weight loss, feeling better).

Very pricey and he does do the shot once a week.

But it works for him so more power to him

I happened to see this guy on CBS this morning. I came in part way to the story and I'm not sure if I have the story correct. What I believe I heard is this guy is shooting himself up with testosterone. That's nuts! If I am correct he needs to have his head examined not claim he has found the fountain of youth. Look at those before and after pictures, tell me this isn't going to cause serious health problems! Something like this says a lot about this guy's self confidence and his mindset regardless if he's using testosterone or not. JMO.

Your logic and presumption is very interesting. So you are claiming that going from the picture on the right where he was I believe ~ 57 yo (way over weight, borderline diabetic, high LDL/low HDL/high Trigly, lacked energy, foggy memory and had poor self image) to the one on the left at 72 yo is going to cause serious health problems, and that he has self confidence issues? IMHO, anyone that lets themselves get out of shape and continues to go down hill health wise without remedial action/life style change certainly has a very poor mindset and self control.

Aside from the hormone replacement therapy and supplement section of the book, the book has very solid nutrition and exercise plans. Now about your comment about shooting himself up with testosterone; whats going on here is hormone replacement therapy, not juicing like some pro athelete or body builder. As we age, and particularly if you have medical conditions like diabetes, your hormone levels can degrade to the point of causing health problems and that is what he is addressing with respect to that part of his book. The conditions caused by low T, out of wack thyroid, etc are understood by the medical community and treatment for it is now common place.

Your logic and presumption is very interesting. So you are claiming that going from the picture on the right where he was I believe ~ 57 yo (way over weight, borderline diabetic, high LDL/low HDL/high Trigly, lacked energy, foggy memory and had poor self image) to the one on the left at 72 yo is going to cause serious health problems, and that he has self confidence issues? IMHO, anyone that lets themselves get out of shape and continues to go down hill health wise without remedial action/life style change certainly has a very poor mindset and self control.

Aside from the hormone replacement therapy and supplement section of the book, the book has very solid nutrition and exercise plans. Now about your comment about shooting himself up with testosterone; whats going on here is hormone replacement therapy, not juicing like some pro athelete or body builder. As we age, and particularly if you have medical conditions like diabetes, your hormone levels can degrade to the point of causing health problems and that is what he is addressing with respect to that part of his book. The conditions caused by low T, out of wack thyroid, etc are understood by the medical community and treatment for it is now common place.

Well I did say I came in part way thru and I was not sure what was going on but I was pretty certain (like 99.9%) they were discussing him doing testosterone injections. I stand by what I said, that's nuts.

As to the pictures, I had no idea his age in those shots, I think the muscle man photo is absurd. Look at him, how can a 72 year old look like that, is that normal? I never saw anyone and I am sure none of you here have either have seen a 72 year old with a body like that. This just can't be healthy, it's so radical. I'm all for exercise and healthy eating but I draw the line on taking hormones or supplements. YMMV.

From some Googling:

Attachments

• image-1822079707.png
    image-1822079707.png
    140.3 KB · Views: 9
  • image-1189490540.png
    image-1189490540.png
    248.4 KB · Views: 9
  • image-525201686.png
    image-525201686.png
    217.8 KB · Views: 8
  • image-2206319051.png
    image-2206319051.png
    141 KB · Views: 8
  • image-2405310013.png
    image-2405310013.png
    119.9 KB · Views: 9
I never saw anyone and I am sure none of you here have either have seen a 72 year old with a body like that. This just can't be healthy, it's so radical.

Well, that was most likely his underline purpose in writing the book. You can start to do things today that others wouldn't, so you can do things tomorrow that others can't.

Certainly if you are moving your blood test results and body fat% into more desirable ranges, especially LDL/HDL/triglycerides/blood glucose, liver enzymes, and thyroid, while increasing lean muscle mass, I don't see how that can be perceived to be unhealthy. That said, I do not believe he is advocating exclusively any of these hormone replacement therapies mentioned in the book as the only solution unless its warranted from a medical point of view based on blood tests being out of range, but he does point out that many are deficient and that it is possible to correct things through various means, not just through hormone replacement therapy.

Of course, you are certainly entitled to your opinion, and what ever you do YMMV, and I stand by my opinion that this is a good book for anyone looking for a plan to achieve better health and fitness.

Certainly if you are moving your blood test results and body fat% into more desirable ranges, especially LDL/HDL/triglycerides/blood glucose, liver enzymes, and thyroid, while increasing lean muscle mass, I don't see how that can be perceived to be unhealthy. That said, I do not believe he is advocating exclusively any of these hormone replacement therapies mentioned in the book as the only solution unless its warranted from a medical point of view based on blood tests being out of range, but he does point out that many are deficient and that it is possible to correct things through various means, not just through hormone replacement therapy.

I agree getting your blood work readings in good order is a positive thing. My question is it being done via drugs or hormones, if so then that is not something I would agree with. Getting more exercise is also a good thing.

I don't know or ever saw anyone that looked liked his picture that wasn't a professional body builder. They use of all types of dangerous or questionable substances that find their way into the mix for these people. That is why I consider having a body like that unhealthy at any age, it's abnormal.

I saw a show about people that were body builders, some were pros and some were trying to break into the circuit by the various groups that hold body building contests. There wasn't 1 person on that show that was living a healthy lifestyle. They were all muscle bound and considered themselves healthy and not endangering their lives by the various substances they were using.

The show reflected upon the risks they were taking and how some appear to suffer from the inability to recognize the difference between looking healthy and looking like a freak. Perhaps they suffer from a similar mental problem that anorexics suffer from - a distorted body image tho that is a completely different problem.

I agree getting your blood work readings in good order is a positive thing. My question is it being done via drugs or hormones, if so then that is not something I.

Getting ones blood work into healthy ranges may require drugs, legal ones that are prescribed by an M.D., unless your nutrition and exercise alone can accomplish the task.

I saw a show about people that were body builders, some were pros and some were trying to break into the circuit by the various groups that hold body building contests. There wasn't 1 person on that show that was living a healthy lifestyle. They were all muscle bound and considered themselves healthy and not endangering their lives by the various substances they were using.

The show reflected upon the risks they were taking and how some appear to suffer from the inability to recognize the difference between looking healthy and looking like a freak. Perhaps they suffer from a similar mental problem that anorexics suffer from - a distorted body image tho that is a completely different problem.

Yes, I've seen that show as well on HBO and agree that is certainly unhealthy and those guys can look freakesh, but as I said above illegal juicing with various unregulated steriods is not what Life is proposing. I think he looks fantastic, and he's worked very hard to get where he is, but hardly a look alike to a pro body builder. Also, there are quite a few elderly folks out there that eat clean and work out hard that are close if not better than Life.

As far as how a 72 year old guy should look, Dr. Love is totally off the chart. If he is a 9, I am a 2.5, yet I get a lot of positive feedback about my fitness.

And to me, he does not look like those crazy looking juice-heads. He does look like some of the more natural body builders that I saw at the place across from muscle beach where everyone in Venice Beach went for breakfast, back in the 60s to early 70s. He also looks a lot like a guy some of your older men will remember- Charles Atlas, who used to be a skinny loser getting sand kicked into his face and being humiliated in front of his girl on the back page of Superman and other comics until he learned about Dynamic Tension and got totally buffed, kicked the {ER.org naughty word} out of the bully and became a hero to his girl.

Bastante righteous, man!

Ha

As far as how a 72 year old guy should look, Dr. Love is totally off the chart. If he is a 9, I am a 2.5, yet I get a lot of positive feedback about my fitness.

Ha

I'd give you a 9.75 Ha. It would be a 10 but we do have some different opinions about stuff which may impact my overall rating;)

Purrs,

Purron

I'd give you a 9.75 Ha. It would be a 10 but we do have some different opinions about stuff which may impact my overall rating;)

Purrs,

Purron

I'm not sure whether Ha is 72 yet, but I'll bet no one ever kicked any sand in his face during his life and I doubt they ever will.

Did you mean Ha or Dr Life, and I'll bet they both have the $$$s.
She means Dr. Love! He is both better looking and richer than me, and likely smarter too. Anyway, Sarah has all she needs of both money and love.

BTW, I am not 72, but not far from it. :)

Back
Top Bottom