Bloomberg channel on tv--worth it?

Orchidflower

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Does everyone here who has to pay for the Bloomberg channel on tv buy it? And watch it? Worth it or not:confused::confused:? Thanks!

(I couldn't seem to find a post on this in the archives.)

Bloomberg came with my new "Sports and Financial" package that I got for $4 extra when getting my HGTV digital reception set up. I haven't been watching it much but maybe I should! I probably wouldn't pay extra for it, though. I do watch Fox Business sometimes, and the Biography channel, and History International that are all in that same package. Bloomberg just never seems to catch my attention.

Basically it seems a lot like CNBC to me.

Last edited:
I like Bloomberg for Charlie Rose, whose show is on at night. For cable regular and financial news, my preference is "none of the above".

Charlie Rose's shows can be seen on his website so it wouldn't be worth paying more money.

Since so many of the morning shows on Bloomberg seem to focus on financial news and insights, I was thinking maybe purchasing it might be worth the extra money. I'm debating....:blush:

Not worth it if you know how to read. Have you looked at bloomberg.com ? It is free.

I like it for 15 minutes at a time, but I would not pay extra for it.

Not worth it if you know how to read. Have you looked at bloomberg.com ? It is free.

Exactly. 15 minutes on my iPhone app while I am on the can every morning, and I got all I need.

Put me in the camp of people who get Bloomberg on TV for free but would not pay for it. I'm glad it's there, but I rarely watch it. I am not fond of Fox at all, but will have CNBC on although they seem to be getting more and more frantic.

Why not just get satellite radio? You can get Bloomberg, CNBC and a whole bunch of channels for $4.99 a month at home and in the car. That way, you can listen while doing something else.

I like it for 15 minutes at a time, but I would not pay extra for it.
+1. It comes with my satellite package, but I certainly wouldn't pay for it a la carte. I've checked it from time to time, but usually I try to ignore the TV financial shows as they are largely built on hyping greed and fear, the two emotions which have caused more financial ruin and destroyed more wealth than just about any others.

It is part of my comcrap package and about the only thing I really like on it is Charlie Rose. But I really don't watch all that much TV.

Back
Top Bottom