I have a signed deal to buy a condo!

haha

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
I was in the middle of rowing and my realtor just called to say that a fairly agressive offer I made on a condo about 8 blocks from where I live now was accepted.

I have to get back to my exercise session, but later I will give some details. I feel quite good about the place, the timing, the price- all of it.

Ha

I was in the middle of rowing and my realtor just called to say that a fairly agressive offer I made on a condo about 8 blocks from where I live now was accepted.

I have to get back to my exercise session, but later I will give some details. I feel quite good about the place, the timing, the price- all of it.

Ha
Congratulations! I hope you have a very smooth and quick closing. When's the open house?

Rita

Fantastic!! I trust you have a review of HOA finances and reserve study contingency. Go through that with a critical eye. Were I you I would call up your local office of the Construction Specification Institute (I think they co-locate with the AIA in Seattle) and get the name of a couple seasoned (40+ yo or licenced at least 20 years) architects to observe any construction defects that may become an issue. Given the implosion of construction there should be availability at a reasonable price.

Did you offer on a condo or co-op?

Last edited:
Yay!

I remember you wanted advice on venting your kitchen fan for your delicious dinners. Does the kitchen meet your standards?

Very exciting!! Hope it goes well and you are soon enjoying your own condo.

Way to go, Mr. Ha. Is this the place with the sliding patio door?

This has to be a sign that real estate has reached its low.

Good luck with the condo deal; hope it has some nice exercise space for your workouts:D

Ha

Congrats! :)

Congratulations! :D

I'll dress for the occasion...watch out for mah cheeks!
sSp_bdayparty.gif

Congratulations! I admit that I am surprised. Now, I want to hear ALL about it! What do you like best about it? How does it compare with your apartment in size? And most importantly, will you be able to fit your Concept2 in your new digs? :LOL:

I'm so glad to hear that it is near your present location, which seems to have been a perfect, terrific location for you.

Congrats!! I remember you were swaying me away from SoCal RE but must be a good buy if you're buying in Seattle area.

Way to go, Mr. Ha. Is this the place with the sliding patio door?

This has to be a sign that real estate has reached its low.

I think this must be a sign to buy real estate. Enjoy the condo HaHA.

Thanks everyone for the well wishes and the suggestions.

Here are some answers to questions, I think in order.

Open house-TBA, likely in Holidays. :)

Condo, not co-op.

Kitchen good, good vent fan, and also a window that opens to outside. Good natural light. In fact, the entire apartment is very light and airy.

Counter tops are only Formica, cabinets are adequate but not luxe, layout is very good for me as a cook. Range and refrigerator are old, and I will likely replace soon. There is a pass through into the LR that I look forward to, as at present I have to disappear into the kitchen and leave guests when I cook or mix drinks etc. I would not have got my price, if all the granite and everything were there, but that is not important to me anyway. The light and air and good fan are important.

Full size washer and dryer in the unit.

Would you believe a creamy Italian marble wood burning fireplace? Bathroom vanity also this same marble.

This place does have a sliding door onto a small deck, but this is 2nd floor rather than 1st floor as that other one was. At least I can cook my mackeral out there and not upset anybody with the odors.

Plenty room for my rower, as the place is almost 1/2 again as big as my apartment. Of course the rower will sit out in the open, I could never afford a place big enough to avoid that and stay in this central area-a 1 mile walk to the retail core of the city, 1/4 mile to a University, very good bus service, half mile at most from big group of hospitals and doctors. Also, very attractive to me is that I can keep walk-shopping at all the same stores like Trader Joe, Safeway, etc. I will even use the same ATM.

Lots of restaurants, bars and night clubs very close, but not right on the street so it shouldn't get rowdy on weekends.

The usual urban upscale amenities- nice coffee houses, yoga studios, bicycle shops, Pilates etc- not that I will use any of this other than the coffee houses.

Until this turned up I was kind of considering moving farther from the core to save money, but then I realized that most of what I like is down here. Most of all, I just like the lively street life. And since there is very good bus service to this address, I can get most places that I would likely go without needing to transfer. Sometime next year the rapid transit station is due to open. With an 8 block walk I can go straight to the airport for the senior fare of 75 cents.

Neighborhood quality wise it is probably a step down from where I live now. My current neighborhood has been one of Seattle's best and most expensive for many years. My new neighborhood has more multi family, but much of it new and nice, and definitely the area is on a strong upswing which I believe is unstoppable because of the type of development going on, and the excellent access to downtown retail and business center.

AND- I will be even closer to my Granddaughter than my current digs!

I am glad I waited and fooled around a good long while. Not only did I save some important money, but I figured out that I didn't want to be smack in the middle of downtown. For me anyway, much better to have some trees and grass, but be very close to downtown. When I first moved, I thought I wanted to live downtown

So, I am excited which is not my normal state. :)

Ha

Last edited:
Congratulations Ha!

Haha,
Sounds like a great find. Don't rush to replace those Formica counters--there's nothing wrong with that stuff. It wears like iron, it's easy to keep clean, and if you wait a few more years it'll be back in style. I ripped out some 1950's Formica in our house and replaced it with solid surface. I was surprised to find that the "blue boomerang" Formica pattern I discarded is one of the hot new retro patterns that were recently re-introduced.
Good luck. Heck, you can move your stuff 8 blocks without renting a truck!

Ha ! That condo sounds perfect especially the deck and close to granddaughter .I'm really glad you got exactly what you wanted .

Sounds like a real good deal. Enjoy.

Congratulations!

I'm a bit jealous as I grew up in Seattle (Northgate) and part of me would love to move back. The part that loves the warm weather and sunshine of FL will only let me visit a couple times a year!

Good job Ha! Sounds like it will work out well for you. Always exciting to get a new place. Hope you enjoy it.

Congrats! Would love to hear as much financial details as you're comfortable sharing (price, sq ft, cash or loan and at what rate, etc)

Back
Top Bottom