Costco CEO name M* CEO of the year.

clifp

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
I know there are a lot of Costco fans, especially me, on the forum.

Morningstar named Jim Sinegal, their CEO of the year. Unfortunately he is stepping down as CEO. Costco is a rare company that has managed to do good for consumers, their shareholders, and their employees.

Good selection IMO.

clifp said:
I know there are a lot of Costco fans, especially me, on the forum.

Morningstar named Jim Sinegal, their CEO of the year. Unfortunately he is stepping down as CEO. Costco is a rare company that has managed to do good for consumers, their shareholders, and their employees.

Good selection IMO.

+1000!

I wonder if the new CEO is going to keep the same modest salary?

Morningstar named Jim Sinegal, their CEO of the year.
I am surprised it takes this long. Perhaps Sinegal has been recognized before by some organizations, that I do not know of. I have not read a single bad thing about Sinegal; whenever I read something about him in the press, it has always been praises. I also have high regards for Costco as a business.

Sinegal has been the Sam Walton of his time.

Devoid of upper mgt luxuries, nondescript HQ, low CEO salary, took good care of employees, understood how to create a good retail experience for customers, etc.

I bet some West coast residents/investors made good money on Costco over the years by realizing the potential of the company early similar to the Walmart millionaires in Arkansas. Charlie Munger has been a long time owner.

Back
Top Bottom